This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone played Factorio yet?

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
2 years ago#1
It's a Steam Early Access game, but the video makes it look like an insanely cool game. The second video on the store page will blow your mind:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427520/

Just curious if anyone's bitten the bullet. My ONLY reservation is when they mentioned needing to protect your "base" and the "multiplayer" aspect. I was all on board for the machinery evolution bits, though.

Thoughts?
WoW: Iandron - Staghelm [Twitter/Twitch: @UglyBunnyJase]
MMOs, RPGs, Guitars & More! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKjBnv8CWtxwkUoz8t9yQg

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#2
Amazing game but it is also difficult.i have about 300 hours into it
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#3
It looks really cool, but it looks like it would take the right kind of personality/mindset to get anywhere in that game, and I don't think I qualify, lol.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 years ago#4
I played a bit of Factorio. I spent about 75% of my time planning, 20% of my time undoing stuff I'd done because I hadn't planned properly, and the rest of my time was spent looking over my accomplishments feeling momentarily proud and then realizing what I had was completely inadequate for anything beyond my immediate needs. Because I hadn't planned enough.

So, pretty much what JKatarn said.

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
2 years ago#5
There's a demo if you look around for it. I liked it but it's not a game that I would be good at. I do want to get it sometime at a discounted price though.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 years ago#6
LeFeverBeaver posted...
It's a Steam Early Access game
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 years ago#7
It's cool but ultimately I prefer modded minecraft. I haven't tried it with mods though. If you enjoy modded minecraft (specifically tech mods/packs) you'll probably like it. If you don't like that I'd stay away.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
2 years ago#8
PhilOnDez posted...
It's cool but ultimately I prefer modded minecraft. I haven't tried it with mods though. If you enjoy modded minecraft (specifically tech mods/packs) you'll probably like it. If you don't like that I'd stay away.

Minecraft's garbage but Factorio seemed cool.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 years ago#9
I've never played it but I do like the genre. The setting just isn't for me.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."

User Info: JVolz1982

JVolz1982
2 years ago#10
Factorio is amazing! I have over 100 hours into it. It kinda has a steep learning curve so you will be rebuilding parts of your factory fairly often as you learn new things. Pretty much a base defense game at it's core. Through research in your factory, you unlock better equipment to fend off and fight the aliens.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone played Factorio yet?
  • Topic Archived