This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something severely wrong is happening to my PC... Please help me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Something severely wrong is happening to my PC... Please help me

User Info: RomPatches

RomPatches
1 year ago#1
This all started happen a couple hours ago when I beat chapter 1 of MGS5...

I thought the problem was only in MGS5 but it seems its everywhere. Is my ram screwed up?

When I open a game it goes into background processes of task manager but takes a good 10 minutes to start up. Previously things were instant.

I opened the witcher 3 to test it... Took 10 minutes before the game opened. Now its taken 5+minutes to load the game and its still going, when previously it loads in 10 seconds.

I have GTX1070
16GB DDR4 ram
SSD

Wtf is going on

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
1 year ago#2
If you haven't already, restart your computer. That might help things. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you off the top of my head.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

RomPatches
1 year ago#3
Master_Bass posted...
If you haven't already, restart your computer. That might help things. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you off the top of my head.

I have restarted and completely shut down.

Still no difference

RomPatches
1 year ago#4
Ok guys.. witcher 3 finally loaded and its running perfectly just as id expect on my 1070..

So I can rule out the CPU and GPU

RomPatches
1 year ago#5
So everyone I went into my bios and changed my RAM profile from 2133Mhz to 3000Mhz and now everythings fine again.. witcher loaded up in 4 seconds...

This doesnt make any sense. If RAM was the issue, why would pushing it harder help? If anything it should make things worse... hmm
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Something severely wrong is happening to my PC... Please help me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived