This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TES Online worth it now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. TES Online worth it now?

User Info: xanadoo

xanadoo
2 years ago#11
well its far superior to GW2.

in fact it's probably the second-best MMO out currently, and the other one has a box price/non-optional sub/cash shop haha.

And I dont even play it currently, sunk too many hours in.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 years ago#12
xanadoo posted...
well its far superior to GW2.

in my opinion it's probably the second-best MMO out currently, and the other one has a box price/non-optional sub/cash shop haha.

And I dont even play it currently, sunk too many hours in.

fixed
PC is like Democracy pure freedom over everything. Console are like Communism bound by limitations and have no freedom over anything.

User Info: xanadoo

xanadoo
2 years ago#13
it's science! but in all fairness I did sneak in a "probably" there.

User Info: MacrossSpecial

MacrossSpecial
2 years ago#14
I tried secret world like six months ago, got bored immediately after the intro, it was extremely dry.
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 years ago#15
Hexenherz posted...
Pokenub posted...
The biggest turn off for me is even though they removed the f2p model, there is still a subscription model.

Hexenherz, does The Secret World have a micro transaction or subscription model?

It does have an item store where you can buy things for real money. 99% of the stuff there is purely cosmetic.
They did revamp the subscription system. It is buy-to-play, no subscription required. The Expansion Packs (which cost about $10 each, known as "Issues") are the biggest money consuming items you can buy, but they mostly add higher level story content. You can easily rack up over 100 hours of game time without even getting to that point.

I will confess that fairly recently they revamped the subscription system, and paying members get a slight advantage in that events like repeatable missions and raids have a shorter cooldown, they get XP at a slightly faster rate, etc.

I don't know if it makes a big difference in this game though tbh - it doesn't have a traditional level system, so the amount of experience required to gain Ability and Skill Points doesn't scale as you progress. Also PVP is designed such that it automatically adjusts everyone's equipment to put everyone on level ground, and then the emphasis shifts even more to your Ability set and teamwork.

You also get enough points each month you sub to pick up issues solely off of that. Shame they completely screwed a huge amount of veteran players with that skill change a few months back. Loved the game, but I have no desire to ever reinstall it aftter having dealt with them pulling that s***.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#16
if i would bother myself to do it and change my account information i would give away my copy.... but im too lazy to do it
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. TES Online worth it now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived