This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best free to plays?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best free to plays?

User Info: josh_b

1 year ago#21
Nephid posted...
All these people saying Tera fail to mention that it's poorly optimized and will drop your frames below 20 after about a half hour of playing. It is a good game though so if you can deal with closing and reopening the game every half hour then get it.

Happy Wars is also another good one even though it looks like it was made for preschoolers. It has combat that will take awhile to master and a lot of loot to upgrade yourself

Ive haven't experienced a frame drop for awhile in tera. When it was first released it ran like a turd but i currently have no problems with the game.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, EVGA GTX 970 FTW SLI

User Info: Maximoom

1 year ago#22
Planetside 2, MMOFPS.
Gigabyte H81M-H | i5 4460 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3Tech 500W Bronze

User Info: AimlessDork

1 year ago#23
Ciera posted...
Tera is pretty old, i'm surprised it's still inhabited...

I mean, enmasse did their best to kill it with the years long stretch of no content updates besides exp faires and stuff to make up for the declining playerbase
GTX 1070, i7-6700,Gigabyte GA- H170, Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. Wii U. 3DS

User Info: DetectivPenguin

1 year ago#24
SWTOR is actually free to play done really well now
Are you a fan 3D turn based rpgs?
Go check out (and if interested, support!!) Soul Saga,Cross Reverie, Earthlock, and Edge of Eternity! Keep the genre alive!!

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 year ago#25
DetectivPenguin posted...
SWTOR is actually free to play done really well now

Other than the fact you need to subscribe to get the other half of your skill bars and equip end game gear.

Also requires Origin.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: KingisLegend

1 year ago#26
Marvel Heroes is my go to Free to play
Gaming PC/Xbox One/PS4/Wii U

User Info: michman402

1 year ago#27
Alien Swarm

User Info: Boge

1 year ago#28
Alien Swarm
War Thunder
Path of Exile
Age of Conan
Lord of the Rings Online
Star Wars: The Old Republic. Does not require Origin. I'm running it right now without Origin.

User Info: Beasthunt

1 year ago#29
NicoGrimm posted...
marvel heroes.

Not sure if you'd classify it as an MMO, but its a fun game.

This. That game throws stuff at you.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: thatauthor

1 year ago#30
thatauthor posted...
Marvel heroes. It's an MMO that you can play solo gor the most part. Some parts are easier but the whole story mode is playable solo.

You get a free chatacter for playing then 400 eternity splinters (in-game currency for buying heroes) on the second day for a cheap or medium cost hero.

There are dofferent types of cost for powers. There's spirit (basically like mana), Punisher's (I think) bullets (which you need to reload), Wolverine's (I think) fury (mana you need to "reload"), Deadpool's awesome points (the more you have the better stats you have). There might be more but I haven't tried every character. The majority of the characters I played had spirit. Whatever the cost, it acts like most normal games and takes at most like a minute or two to recharge with the exception of deadpool. Only because his doesn't stop you from using his powers if it's gone.

I was over-exaggerating about the spirit bars. it's shorter than that; if not much so. I also didn't know/forgot that Wolverine gains fury when he uses his basic attack power(?) also most/all of the heroes have at least one attack that doesn't take spirit. Captain Marvel has two and all of Deadpool's. though Deadpool(like most/all heroes) have at least one power that has a cool down. usually their ultimate among others like Deadpool's server lag power.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best free to plays?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived