This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God f***ing dammit, man. f*** you Microsoft. Seriously.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. God f***ing dammit, man. f*** you Microsoft. Seriously.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
1 year ago#21
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
Not only did you f*** with my s*** up at home, now my work computer is f***ing at a stop.

I even came from the f***ing beach to go to work today, because the boss man needed me to and I come back to Windows 10. Sure, whatever, I gotta do my work, but the god damn security software is going f***ing nuts and the IT guys are out cause it's a damn holiday.

I could have had another day on vacation, but now I'm going home to sit on my couch and watch it rain.

I'm tempted to yell at the IT guys for letting this s*** slip through, but I'd rather blame Microsoft for putting s*** where it's not wanted in the first place..

But seriously, this is ass

You should be telling your boss to fire your IT guys if you didn't want Win10 and they didn't take the 2 seconds necessary to disable the updates.
Bold Text

User Info: R_Brock

R_Brock
1 year ago#22
Damaged7 posted...
You should be telling your boss to fire your IT guys if you didn't want Win10 and they didn't take the 2 seconds necessary to disable the updates.

That's some quality armchair managing there. A. Because you can rollback the changes. B. Because they probably have a standard Win7 image they can use to get one up and running in no time.

You can't fire your IT guys every time something annoying happens or a mistake. A. Because your company will fall apart without them. B. Cultivating a culture of terror doesn't make for a healthy work culture or keep quality talent around.

In my experience if you're running Win7 professional, MS doesn't do quite the same level of forced upgrades that they do in OEM and Home versions of Win7 and Win 8.1 they do. So if the OP was subjected to that sort of upgrade, I'd ask management why they're not running the Professional version or why they don't have an Enterprise license. Sometimes IT has their hands tied. And sometimes users, in blind rage and ignorance blame the wrong people.

All you can do when you have fairly minor issues is recover and move on. Not every issue is the result of malfeasance or gross incompetence.
Job: .NET developer
PC: i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, GeForce 970, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD + 500GB SSD + 3TB HDD, Dual Monitors

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#23
Just don't accept the damn EULA and it rolls back.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 year ago#24
Can't you just roll back to to whatever version you had before?
Trump for president 2016
Time Pharaoh is mah b****

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#25
Fade2black001 posted...

SinisterSlay posted...

When it pops up with windows 10, it makes you accept a EULA, if you say no, it starts rolling back.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 year ago#26
The fact that he even has control of admin functions speaks volumes to the IT department's incompetence.
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.

Fade2black001
1 year ago#27
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

SinisterSlay posted...

When it pops up with windows 10, it makes you accept a EULA, if you say no, it starts rolling back.

Don't you have like a 30 day period to rollback from the security settings area?
Trump for president 2016

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#28
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

SinisterSlay posted...

Don't you have like a 30 day period to rollback from the security settings area?

Yep that too.

Fade2black001
1 year ago#29
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

SinisterSlay posted...

Yep that too.

So TC could try that
Trump for president 2016

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#30
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

SinisterSlay posted...

Yep that too.

So TC could try that

TC could do a lot of things.

Granted this is still lost productivity for no good reason
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. God f***ing dammit, man. f*** you Microsoft. Seriously.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived