This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to see who's downloading s*** on my network?

User Info: unsolidsnake

unsolidsnake
2 years ago#11
If you are all paying equally then who cares? If they are paying they have the right to use it.
Whoo!
Howwwwwwllll....

User Info: TheRobber

TheRobber
2 years ago#12
unsolidsnake posted...
If you are all paying equally then who cares? If they are paying they have the right to use it.

Yeah, paying equally, not for one user to take up all the bandwidth and f***ing the others up. =/

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
2 years ago#13
write a script to do a speedtest.net run every 5 minutes

crosscompare with when their computers are on
http://i.imgur.com/WRuboBm.jpg
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: jakezing33

jakezing33
2 years ago#14
Find better roommates
MSI 1070, i7-6700,Gigabyte GA- H170-D3HP, Corsair 16GB, Samsung 850Evo, WD blue, Phantom 530, EVGA 650
Ps4, PC, 3DS, Ps3

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#15
Buy a router with a Guest access Setting and give them access to that. I limit upload and download 1mbps. You can also Setup Qos and set it to provide all the bandwidth to your pc when it calls for it.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, EVGA GTX 970 FTW SLI

User Info: TheRobber

TheRobber
2 years ago#16
jakezing33 posted...
Find better roommates

I make it sound much worse than the minor inconvenience it really is. They're great otherwise.
josh_b posted...
Buy a router with a Guest access Setting and give them access to that. I limit upload and download 1mbps. You can also Setup Qos and set it to provide all the bandwidth to your pc when it calls for it.

Worst case scenario, I guess I'll have to do that. Such a pain, though :(

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#17
TheRobber posted...
jakezing33 posted...
Find better roommates

I make it sound much worse than the minor inconvenience it really is. They're great otherwise.
josh_b posted...

Worst case scenario, I guess I'll have to do that. Such a pain, though :(

Either that or im some instances and depending on the ISP they will run a second connection to a residence. let them keep that connection and you get a new one.

When i lived back in the woods i had two connections ran to my residence so my wife could watch Netflix and stuff without lagging me to death everytime i tried playing a game.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, EVGA GTX 970 FTW SLI

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 years ago#18
How fast is your download speed supposed to be? How many people are supposed to be paying for that? Is the router a gigabit type? If it isn't you might get better speeds with a good gigabit type router.
If your connection is slow would your roommates be will to pay more for a faster connection?

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 years ago#19
unsolidsnake posted...

TC quit being selfish dude and a bit of a dick lol.

Either pay for faster ISP or you can get a better WiFi router.
Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000BWS W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 years ago#20
mucloud posted...
unsolidsnake posted...

TC quit being selfish dude and a bit of a dick lol.

Either pay for faster ISP or you can get a better WiFi router.

Do you enjoy making yourself look stupid?
Trump for president 2016
Time Pharaoh is mah b****
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to see who's downloading s*** on my network?
  • Topic Archived