This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are physical PC games still being made and sold this age?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are physical PC games still being made and sold this age?

User Info: Dandyism

Dandyism
2 years ago#1
I'm still new at this but curious

User Info: doughnutman

doughnutman
2 years ago#2
Yes. There's not as many. Or even copies that are made.

But they're still made and sold in stores and online.
Gamertag: Ravaged Osiris PSN: ArsenicJoker
Maximus VIII Hero Alpha - i5 6600k 4.7 Ghz OC - 980 Ti Matrix SLI - 32 GB DDR4 3200Mhz

User Info: Digital_S

Digital_S
2 years ago#3
Yes but Physical games like from Bethesda only contain like 4GBs of the game on the DVD. Which means you have to download the rest of the files from Steam anyway making it kind of pointless.
List of Privileges you need to check every day.
White, able-bodied, native English speaker, hete..I mean cis, healthy body and thin , critical thinking, male.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#4
Yeah even indie games are struggling to be on DVD.
So pretty much no one bothers. There might still be cereal box games around.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
2 years ago#5
Overwatch had a physical CD available, but IDK how much of the game was on it since I had the Beta still installed anyways. Blizzard's other games seem to get physical copies as well.

EA/Origin games still get physical boxes, but they only have download codes, no actual disk.

Bethesda likes physical copies, too, but they typically only contain a small portion of the game.

Witcher 3 has physical copies as well.
Now Playing: Overwatch, GRIP, RWBY: GE
Now, let's count up your sins! | Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tcRMjX

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
2 years ago#6
they are and you can generally get them at better prices than digital if you don't mind recycling/throwing out a useless disc/keeping them on shelf.

its nice when places have to clear inventory because it actually takes up physical space on their shelves =p
The Infamous...

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
2 years ago#7
Yes, but rarely. Most physical games in the modern day are usually just the Steam code and an outdated version of the game. Maybe in countries where the internet service is terrible they are more prevalent.

User Info: StarsOfCCTV

StarsOfCCTV
2 years ago#8
I buy pretty much physical copies only. If I can't display my games along with the 3ds, wii u and gamecube games it doesn't feel right.
"What is any ocean but a multitude of droplets"

User Info: jakezing33

jakezing33
2 years ago#9
They invariably require you to tie it to steam or origin, so.... sorta?

It's part of why builds are fazing out disc drives
MSI 1070, i7-6700,Gigabyte GA- H170-D3HP, Corsair 16GB, Samsung 850Evo, WD blue, Phantom 530, EVGA 650
Ps4, PC, 3DS, Ps3

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
2 years ago#10
even if its just a steam code inside a case its still technically physical because it takes up space on a store shelf.
The Infamous...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are physical PC games still being made and sold this age?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived