This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does steam only let me play one game at a time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does steam only let me play one game at a time?

User Info: Digital_Del-boy

Digital_Del-boy
1 year ago#1
What on earth is this all about?

I own x number of games.

If i want i should be able to play x number of games all at once on my different laptops and computers if i want to.

Instead I'm limited to one game on just one device.

I often have a game running on the laptop whilst i play on the ps4 or xbox one. Was just to do the same thing with my new pc and the laptop but have been stopped in my tracks by this s***, keeps logging me out of one as i try to start the other.

Please tell me I'm being very thick and it's not an actually steam thing.

Because if it's not me are they saying I can't even play the games I've legally purchased using this piece of crap service.

Will be reporting this to UK trading standards in the hope steam sort it out,can see them being banned from trading in the uk if they keep these types of shenanigans up,

User Info: locky723

locky723
1 year ago#2
While I'm curious as well... Lol at your overreaction.
Ooseye's Offical Alt

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
1 year ago#3
Try setting one of the PCs offline.
i5-4690 @ 3.5-3.9GHz, Powercolor R9 270 OC 2GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 1TB HDD, EVGA 500W PSU, 2160P monitor
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha

User Info: jakezing33

jakezing33
1 year ago#4
Digital_Del-boy posted...
Will be reporting this to UK trading standards in the hope steam sort it out,can see them being banned from trading in the uk if they keep these types of shenanigans up,

lol ok there
MSI 1070, i7-6700,Gigabyte GA- H170-D3HP, Corsair 16GB, Samsung 850Evo, WD blue, Phantom 530, EVGA 650
Ps4, PC, 3DS, Ps3

User Info: kaho729

kaho729
1 year ago#5
There's such a thing as making two accounts

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
1 year ago#6
When you become more than one person you can justify playing more than one game at a time, until then, shut your hole.

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
1 year ago#7
kaho729 posted...
There's such a thing as making two accounts

And enable family sharing between the two accounts. Also, putting one in offline mode should do the trick, as well.

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
1 year ago#8
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

User Info: claytonbuckley

claytonbuckley
1 year ago#9
is this a real topic? i don't understand.

http://puu.sh/pNaLa/5684aa2205.jpg

Me literally playing 2 steam games at once on my PC. If you mean on separate PCs look into family sharing or use offline mode on one of the PCs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcNJ4MqtfFs
"2 Weeks tops and people will forget what Overwatch is mark my words" - TinTin700 on the 29th May 2016

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 year ago#10
Go into offline mode on one of the PC's. Then you can play on multiple PC's unless, obviously, you want to play an online game on the offline mode PC.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does steam only let me play one game at a time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived