This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess what's even worse than the FBI wanting your browsing history?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Guess what's even worse than the FBI wanting your browsing history?

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
1 year ago#91
darkwizard3533 posted...
guys. look at voidgolems recent history. realize what he is. ignore and move on. the only thing relevant to this discussion is the ruling the judge made and its indisputably bad.

"What I am" is somebody that finds chicken-little reasoning and the constant attribution of malice to what can be better described as incompetence -extremely- tiresome.

Your government is not out to get you. They don't care.

They're just excessively bad at their jobs. Argue -that- instead.
http://i.imgur.com/ZNpLR0T.png

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
1 year ago#92
I'm sorry but, they're basically out to get us. Just accept it.

User Info: learjet777

learjet777
1 year ago#93
MrSprings posted...
I'm sorry but, they're basically out to get us. Just accept it.

Yes and No.

They're just super paranoid. Ultimately they want to really protect the people.(like parents)
I mean some crazy dude might want to change it into a police state, but hopefully the good will prevail.

Don't forget, you need someway to control a growing population.

Imagine friking china. How do they even control that many people??

S*** is going to change BIG TIME in the states in the next hundred years. Imagine how many school/terrorist/gun crimes there would be with a billion people.
As it stands there are what, 3 guns per person or something crazy.

User Info: Zantetsuken_14

Zantetsuken_14
1 year ago#94
megamanzero1000 posted...
UnderwaterAir posted...
Does your girlfriend send naked pictures to you from time to time to spice things up.
Guess what she uses to send the pictures.
Guess who can now go in and look at her pictures whenever they want.

What if I don't care that people see naked pictures of my GF?

Can I see naked pics of your gf then :)
You're putting words in my mouth just like the way you put artificial facts in your head.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
1 year ago#95
wizardmon posted...
Pokenub posted...
So just protect yourself. It's something that most people should already be doing. The chance of them actually doing it to you is so darn low that it really doesn't even matter.

If your protecting yourself your making yourself more suspicious, think what would an agent assume when he can't access your files?

Kinda like using web anonymity services lights you up like a beacon making your net activity even more watched then they already are.

What would an "agent" think when someone is protecting their banking information? That they're f***ing smart.
Bold Text

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
1 year ago#96
Damaged7 posted...
wizardmon posted...
Pokenub posted...
So just protect yourself. It's something that most people should already be doing. The chance of them actually doing it to you is so darn low that it really doesn't even matter.

If your protecting yourself your making yourself more suspicious, think what would an agent assume when he can't access your files?

Kinda like using web anonymity services lights you up like a beacon making your net activity even more watched then they already are.

What would an "agent" think when someone is protecting their banking information? That they're f***ing smart.

I assure you, that is not what the NSA or FBI is thinking about them.
http://i.imgur.com/DcY44PH.jpg

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 year ago#97
Damaged7 posted...
wizardmon posted...
Pokenub posted...

Too smart to not be in jail.
http://goo.gl/mdpAMo The cutest Lovecraftian horror you'll ever see.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 year ago#98
Damaged7 posted...
wizardmon posted...
Pokenub posted...

Hiding your banking information? Don't you mean hiding their funding of terrorism?
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
The cranky hermit 1 year ago#99
Marikhen posted...

Would it have been harder to repeal those bills once established as law than it was to block them? The point of my comment was that, at least in overall terms, it would be as removing something from law or policy is harder than preventing it from becoming so in the first place.

You are revising your point post-hoc. You said:
The proper time to stop a government from doing something you don't like is before they start.
Fighting a bill you don't like before it gets established would count as stopping the government after they start.

And your post BEFORE that was using slippery slope logic. You weren't saying "this ruling will be hard to undo" (which wouldn't even be true since district court decisions get undone by higher courts all the time). You were saying "this ruling sets a precedent which could lead to something crossing the line." As Voidgolem said, that's alarmist bulls***, and it's got nothing to do with passing federal bills or has anything in common with it.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 year ago#100
Bills are made by lobbyists and such, this is just a spontaneous "yep this is a thing now." made by a judge.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Guess what's even worse than the FBI wanting your browsing history?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived