This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox 1 Controller causing my PC to freeze up. Help please!

User Info: LegendKiller711

LegendKiller711
5 years ago#1
So I've been using a 360 controller with my PC for quite some time without any issues. I decided to go with the new XBOX One adapter and I really enjoy using the X1 controller more than the 360. Here's the problem. For some reason and it's always random too, my PC freezes up and starts beeping at me and then I have to reboot. Sometimes it even says overclocking failed during startup and makes me go into bios. This ONLY happens when the Xbox one controller is being used. Never happens with my 360 controller. And that's with hours and hours of gaming. I can try for 15 minutes with the X1 controller and then it freezes. Does anyone know why it does this and if it's a known problem???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I have the latest driver installed and I've even taken the other dongle back and exchanged just in case there was a problem with it.
Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

User Info: Retrowire

Retrowire
5 years ago#2
Call Microsoft.

That's weird.
AdhesiveWombat is the greatest chiptune electro artist ever.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
5 years ago#3
Uninstall/reinstall drivers? Try a different USB port?

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
5 years ago#4
I have the same issue, except it's doing it now after going back to the old 360 adapter. I'm going to reinstall windows and my games and stick to 360 for now. Definitely going to send my Xbox One adapter in for warranty replacement as well because in the end I want to use the new controller.

I'll let you know if I have any luck but it'll be a few days, being lazy since it's doing it less often while using 360 adapter.

User Info: boochy

boochy
5 years ago#5
Mine does this too, and it only happens when the controller disconnects while I have Uplay up. Are you using Uplay?
Intel i7 8700k(4.7ghz) - 3200mhz 32gb Corsair Vengeance - EVGA 1080ti - Alienware 34" Curved 3440x1440 Ultrawide Gsync 120hz monitor

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
5 years ago#6
boochy posted...
Mine does this too, and it only happens when the controller disconnects while I have Uplay up. Are you using Uplay?

More like udontplay? Am I rite?
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: Corby5505

Corby5505
5 years ago#7
Windows 64 or 32? There is a known problem with the newest 32 drivers. Hasnt been updated yet.

User Info: LegendKiller711

LegendKiller711
5 years ago#8
I'm running Windows 64 but I don't know how to check what drivers I have for my Xbox One controller. It automatically recognized the device and I can't find it under device manager. Also, this happens with Steam as well. It happened while I was playing the new doom:-(
Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

User Info: 26_Sandman_39

26_Sandman_39
5 years ago#9
LegendKiller711 posted...
I'm running Windows 64 but I don't know how to check what drivers I have for my Xbox One controller. It automatically recognized the device and I can't find it under device manager. Also, this happens with Steam as well. It happened while I was playing the new doom:-(

Your computer is trying to tell you something.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
5 years ago#10
Beeping?

I had this issue where my computer would start beeping and get really laggy whenever I tried to click with the mouse, and I'd have to unplug the computer and restart it because everything froze up.

I followed this and now it's fixed, supposedly it is an Xbox One controller driver bug.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49niwd/my_pc_hangs_forever_every_time_i_quit_the_division/d0t8zo8
"Tether even a roasted chicken."
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox 1 Controller causing my PC to freeze up. Help please!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A