This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My C drive keeps running low on space randomly

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My C drive keeps running low on space randomly

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
1 year ago#11
Would not surprise me if your computer is joined to a botnet that's hosting torrents, lmao.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: 3DiPadMini6G

3DiPadMini6G
1 year ago#12
You need to decrease the percentage of space system restore uses from the hard drive. Windirstat will not tell you how much space is hogged by system restore. If the button is greyed out, then you must have disabled the service that allows you to.

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 year ago#13
3DiPadMini6G posted...
You need to decrease the percentage of space system restore uses from the hard drive. Windirstat will not tell you how much space is hogged by system restore. If the button is greyed out, then you must have disabled the service that allows you to.

I think it does show it if you actually right-click it and run as administrator.

User Info: Blackmon

Blackmon
1 year ago#14
3DiPadMini6G posted...

I did a long time ago. It was one of Spaz's suggestions. I lowered it to just 2gb max (when I had 4gb of free space). It's currently at 1.5gb.

Edit: And wth, my c drive just went from 30gb free space to just 22gb now. I turned it off this afternoon before I went out. I turned it on just now.
Http://www.Blackmon.com/

User Info: Griff

Griff
1 year ago#15
Have you removed the Windows installers, updates and old version of Windows from the drive?
If you right click on the drive, select properties, then Disk Cleanup.
When it has scanned your drive, select Check System Files - it'll do a deeper scan and will report back how much space you can clear up.
If you have an earlier OS on it, this might be the issue.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My C drive keeps running low on space randomly

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived