This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As a gamer subculture are we inclined to show generosity to women we don't know?

User Info: dantedeschain13

dantedeschain13
2 years ago#11
I try to be friendly and generous to everyone, but I wouldn't send an online friend a 2 terabyte hard drive and two copies of a game. I wouldn't do that to people I know in real life.
F*** you, Desert Bluffs

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 years ago#12
dantedeschain13 posted...
I try to be friendly and generous to everyone, but I wouldn't send an online friend a 2 terabyte hard drive and two copies of a game. I wouldn't do that to people I know in real life.

Yeah, that kinda thing is generous and sweet in a romantic comedy.
In real life, it's creepy and stalkerish.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
2 years ago#13
Dragon Nexus posted...
dantedeschain13 posted...

Yeah, that kinda thing is generous and sweet in a romantic comedy.
In real life, it's creepy and stalkerish.

Never underestimate the power of friendship guys!

User Info: Forum_Pirate

Forum_Pirate
2 years ago#14
Never been given anything, though I have gotten a bunch of compliments about my characters attractiveness. (Never quite sure how to take that.)

I haven't had people treat me poorly either, but I don't use a mic unless it's with a group I've known for a while and I don't exactly advertise in gen chat so I haven't presented many opportunities.

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
2 years ago#15
Sure. Pick female characters in any game and you will see that people are always nice to you. Never really understood that because if you want to meet girls so much you can meet them at school or something. Much easier than harassing someone online.
Classified

User Info: ZeraphLordS

ZeraphLordS
2 years ago#16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNYrNTLBuBQ
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs

User Info: BloatedSquirrel

BloatedSquirrel
2 years ago#17
Jedi454 posted...
Everyone on the internet deserves to be treated with no respect.

This.
"They'll just put the tools down if they want to do the drugs bad enough."

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
2 years ago#18
Jedi454 posted...
Everyone on the internet deserves to be treated with no respect.

*gasp*

that's no jedi!

User Info: dunkis

dunkis
2 years ago#19
I've got the same exact thing going on. My girlfriend has a bunch of online friends that will buy her practically any game or thing just to get her to play with them. They know she's taken, and some are married/have girlfriends themselves, but there's this weird thing where they just feel compelled to buy her stuff and I don't know what it is.

I don't really care what gender the other person is. If they're respectful, I respect them. If they start throwing insults, I disregard them. My general rule is to always assume someone is a male until proven otherwise because that's the case 90% of the time.
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 years ago#20
I look forward to hearing more of this unfolding telenovela.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As a gamer subculture are we inclined to show generosity to women we don't know?
  • Topic Archived