This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when MS said 'free OS'

User Info: HonestAbe73

HonestAbe73
4 years ago#1
http://i.imgur.com/zPF2k89.png

Sure, call me out on my tinfoil hat or whatever other meme it is you people are using now, but for me, privacy and not seeing ads everytime I open my start menu are a little higher priority than the newest OS. Nothing I've seen about win 10 is a substantial upgrade, and this picture is reaffirming my decision to not upgrade.

I mean, sure, I get it, data collection is extremely useful and important for a business, but some of this stuff is absolutely crossing the line. Anyway, hope you all enjoy your new OS as it sends every last shred of info off to microsoft.
Official Abraham Lincoln of Everything. Ever.
Approval rating 3/5= 60%

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
4 years ago#2
lol
Playing: WoW (PC), Halo:MCC (XB1), MH4U (N3DS), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 years ago#3
Good thing I'm a Genuine Win 8.1 one user.
i5-3570k, 8gb ram, R9 270
Gaming never felt so good.

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
4 years ago#4
Dinglesteed posted...
lol
It seems like you're experiencing problems with your PS4. You must be treating it badly. Sony systems don't break. Stop trolling. - Kino 8/7/15 lololololololol
(message deleted)

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
4 years ago#6
I just don't understand people like this. Don't do shady stuff and you won't have to worry lol. I felt the same way about the Xbox One and the Kinect when people were freaking out about that. I still have my XB1 Kinect hooked up since day 1!
Playing: WoW (PC), Halo:MCC (XB1), MH4U (N3DS), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
4 years ago#7
In soviet rus... uh.... at microsoft they control you!

This is worse than google spying on you. This is offline harassment. Sue all the people.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
4 years ago#8
Ignore the haters and children TC, I wholeheartedly agree with your concerns and appreciate you posting these options. While Microsoft certainly has an Orwelian feel to everything they do now most of all of these concerns can be remedied by turning these features off or by making configuration changes to the OS itself.

I would highly recommend looking up custom Windows 10 host files in order to block ads and other shady communication.
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?

User Info: reddytoplay

reddytoplay
4 years ago#9
I really dont understand the point of freaking out over it. People willingly let Google keylog them in Chrome and let Google learn their every move with Android phones(and Google services in general), but as soon as another tech company wants any kind of personal info its some kind of horrible travesty and invasion of privacy. System configuration data is extremely useful for bug fixes and patches and personal information is almost always being used to improve your experience.

If you use any kind of modern web services, they already have all this info and its not worth freaking out over.
wow my monitor was off this whole time!!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when MS said 'free OS'
  • Topic Archived