This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA: Sites like G2A.com, cdkeys.com etc are GREY MARKET sites

User Info: Invader_Stork

Invader_Stork
5 years ago#61
This topic is too hilarious. I bet you're the type of people that won't vaccinate your children because "dah guvment".

Have fun paying $80-100 a game with all of the day one DLC when I get them for a fraction of that.
Do you feel it, Zach? My coffee warned me about it.

User Info: Arnzillazor

Arnzillazor
5 years ago#62
Requested sticky. Thank you for trying to reduce rubbish threads on here.
"Necessity is the mother of invention."

User Info: almightydun

almightydun
5 years ago#63
locky723 posted...
I don't see the problem with it... It's not right if you could buy games from other regions for cheap.

The issue is there is no 'Region" it's the f***ing WORLD WIDE WEB. Geographical location has no bearing on the product distribution but it CAN have a LARGE impact on it's development. So the developer MAY be able to reap the benefit of cheaper development based on geographic concerns then turn around and gouge the customer. It makes no difference to the developer or the hosting service if I live in Tahiti or Antarctica. That issue lies with the ISP.

We are being shaken down for every dollar possible for archaic methodology that does not apply to the world we live in anymore.

If I were to visit Russia, and purchase and download $10000 worth of games and shove them on a portable drive and return home, would I be subject to taxes or duties? What about if I bought $10000 worth of physical game disks and brought them back?
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
5 years ago#64
Holy cow these responses are crazy. Why exactly am I the enemy anyway? The point of the topic isn't to tell people not to use G2A or Grey Market sites and I never said not to, the point is to stop the spam of people asking if the sites are trust worthy. I said pretty blatantly in the OP that plenty of people use the sites and don't have a problem, but the risk is there.

Floppyfish1 posted...
if they can get me cheap games why complain? you know in the real world there is thing called a budget. by all means pay full price for games but dont act all high in mighty that you're somehow more superior then others for paying full price for a game

That's the same thing as asking why it's illegal to buy stolen goods. Yeah they might be cheaper . . .but they still aren't legal. With your logic you might as well just be sailing the seas for your games

The Grey Market sites aren't quite as illegal *usually* but keys bought on stolen cards are just as illegal.

Invader_Stork posted...
This topic is too hilarious. I bet you're the type of people that won't vaccinate your children because "dah guvment".

Have fun paying $80-100 a game with all of the day one DLC when I get them for a fraction of that.

That's a pretty impressive assumption, what on Earth did you even base that on?
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: jaoman69

jaoman69
5 years ago#65
Dont trust anything online. OK i dont trust this. Also thanks for the info on these sites.

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
5 years ago#66
PSA: McDonalds is a fast food restaurant

I can see why this could be a sticky if the post was more detailed and gave more info, but this is just another 'hey look at me' thread.
To win an argument: 'calm down', 'troll', 'hater', 'you obviously', 'LOL', 'don't care', 'I'm done', 'actually this is funny', 'not wasting my time', 'butthurt'

User Info: lmAtWork

lmAtWork
5 years ago#67
Bump

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
5 years ago#68
Bought from G2A many many many times, no problems so far.
My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M (Q701 not in pic)
Monthly($5-$50) Steam Game Giveaway on Gamefaqs PC Social Group: http://bit.ly/1EmOqVd
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA: Sites like G2A.com, cdkeys.com etc are GREY MARKET sites
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A