This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How we turn off automatic updates for games on Steam?

User Info: BigB0ss13

BigB0ss13
6 years ago#1
That s*** is annoying when an update for a game I don't play anymore shows up

User Info: Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte
6 years ago#2
You can uninstall the game, go into Offline Mode, or Library -> right click -> Properties -> Updates tab -> Automatic Updates -> Only update this game when I launch it.

User Info: Retrowire

Retrowire
6 years ago#3
Right click the game in your list, select properties...

Then click the updates tab, look down, and at the top of the window you can set the game to ONLY update if you try launching it.

OR...

Uninstall the games you don't play anymore and free up some memory.
AdhesiveWombat is the greatest chiptune electro artist ever.

User Info: Retrowire

Retrowire
6 years ago#4
Doomsday Forte posted...
You can uninstall the game, go into Offline Mode, or Library -> right click -> Properties -> Updates tab -> Automatic Updates -> Only update this game when I launch it.

My, we sure are a helpful pair! :D
AdhesiveWombat is the greatest chiptune electro artist ever.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
6 years ago#5
A shame you can't outright disable updates altogether. Ignoring that it's a pain in the ass for modding, especially unofficial modding, there's how patches like Skyrim's 1.2 patch can break games to consider. Likewise there are also considerations like how people who played Borderlands 2 might not have wanted to play it with a nerfed Bee shield.

Sadly, this is one of those areas where piracy can, and does, have its advantages over "legit" gaming. :-/
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How we turn off automatic updates for games on Steam?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A