This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to stop Gmail from auto-logging me in?

User Info: Dirk_McHardpeck

Dirk_McHardpeck
6 years ago#1
I've only had Gmail for about a month now and I'm already starting to hate it. Common features are buried in hard to find places, the popup compose window is terrible but the worst has to be the auto login option. I've looked all over the internet to find a way to make it stop but everything I've read so far hasn't helped. Things that have been suggested include:
1 Clear your cookies. Every time Gmail is used?? No thanks.
2 Disable "remember password ". Gmail is already listed as an exception to this so why is it still remembering it?
3 Go to Google Accounts Homepage and uncheck "Stay signed in". Couldn't even find that option.

Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks.

User Info: bigboyrf

bigboyrf
6 years ago#2
Have you tried signing out each time?
How hilarious .You just set off my trap card . Your death approaches.
Playing: jak HD (vita),atelier totori, dark souls, tomb raider

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
6 years ago#3
bigboyrf posted...
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
6 years ago#4
Completely log out. It's best to always log out. You don't want them attaching your google searches directly to your username.

Dirk_McHardpeck
6 years ago#5
bigboyrf posted...

Yes but I confess that sometimes I forget. That still shouldn't be necessary though. If you close every instance of the browser it should terminate your session. For it to not do so is ridiculous.

Add to that: I use Firefox. Firefox routinely asks you if you want to remember a password for a particular website. I always answer no. So for Gmail to somehow circumvent that question is surprisingly to say the least.

User Info: bigboyrf

bigboyrf
6 years ago#6
Other than signing out every time I don't know what to tell you. I have a dozen computers that are always signed into my gmail account at my unversity. Unless I sign out or clear history in chrome, I'm usually always in.
How hilarious .You just set off my trap card . Your death approaches.
Playing: jak HD (vita),atelier totori, dark souls, tomb raider

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 years ago#7
Google doesn't *want* you signing out, since that would mean they can only track your usage to your IP, not to a specific user/account. However, Chrome has the option to automatically clear Google cookies when you close the browser. I believe Firefox also has a Greasemonkey script that can do basically the same thing.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Shub

Shub
6 years ago#8
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/2917834?p=securesignin&rd=1
If the suggestions there don't satisfy you, and since you appear to be a new Gmail user, I guess you can just stop using it. From what I've seen, Outlook.com isn't bad at all but I haven't looked at how it behaves in terms of what you're talking about.

KillerTruffle posted...
I believe Firefox also has a Greasemonkey script that can do basically the same thing.

No need, Firefox does that out of the box.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Dirk_McHardpeck
6 years ago#9
Shub posted...
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/2917834?p=securesignin&rd=1
If the suggestions there don't satisfy you

It would if it was current but that "stay signed in" checkbox is no longer there.

User Info: Shub

Shub
6 years ago#10
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
It would if it was current but that "stay signed in" checkbox is no longer there.

Is your username already stored? If so, click "sign in with a different account", then "add account" and then you'll get the check box. Or you can just clear your cookies and you should get the same result.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to stop Gmail from auto-logging me in?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A