This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Driving simulator (not racing)

User Info: kingoffps

kingoffps
5 years ago#1
I'm going to be learning to drive very soon. I was just wondering if there are any realistic driving simulators (so I can get used to changing gears etc.). NOT racing games (lol).
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...

User Info: Scroe

Scroe
5 years ago#2
Trainz Simulator 12
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs

User Info: Gwendal

Gwendal
5 years ago#3
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is probably the most well-regarded game of this kind, but I guess won't be too much help since it obviously deals with huge trucks instead of regular cars. I think it does have gear switching, though.
Currently playing:
DKC Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
5 years ago#4
I learned the basics of manual transmission on a motorcycle. Then you just translate what you've learned from your hand to your feet.
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?

User Info: VandelayInc

VandelayInc
5 years ago#5
City Car Driving, check it out on youtube. i never played it myself though, but it might be what you are looking for.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APrgccRer6Q

User Info: kill2this

kill2this
5 years ago#6
VandelayInc posted...
City Car Driving, check it out on youtube. i never played it myself though, but it might be what you are looking for.

Came in to suggest this, although ffb is terrible in the game, TC what wheel are you using?
Edit: Euro Truck sim 2 isn't a terrible recommendation either obviously trucks have more gears than a car, but you get the idea of driving in traffic etc

User Info: klaxender

klaxender
5 years ago#7
protools1983 posted...
I learned the basics of manual transmission on a motorcycle. Then you just translate what you've learned from your hand to your feet.

Same for me except with dirt bikes as a kid. I also lived in a backwoods town so I was driving manual transmission vehicles by age 13 around family farms.
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
5 years ago#8
Games aren't going to help you as much as you might think. You're going to be far better off just tracking down a big empty parking lot and figuring it all out there. Most of the games that feature gear shifting let you do things in the game that would put significant wear on a clutch or transmission, if not outright destroy them in some cases.

User Info: Worknofun370

Worknofun370
5 years ago#9
Assetto Corsa

Yes, it is a "racing sim." However, if you have a proper wheel (G25/G27 etc) You can just disable all assistance, go into practice mode, and it gives a pretty decent feel of how a clutch/shift works and can work more or less as a basic driving sim. It doesn't stall out like a real car does, but it sorta acts like it stalls out and you can certainly feel when you do it right vs wrong.

Nothing is as good as sitting in a car and actually doing it though.

User Info: DRAGON07891230

DRAGON07891230
5 years ago#10
Cheap car in a parking lot 2014. It's very realistic.

If you live in a more rural area tractors are also a viable option.

You don't need a video game to practice driving, it's not that hard. Seriously, they let almost anyone do it, don't worry about it.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Driving simulator (not racing)
  • Topic Archived