This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nexus Mod Manager, why can't I just download mod updates through it?

User Info: Tyranthraxus

Tyranthraxus
5 years ago#1
So I see NMM tells me what mods are out of date, but there is no button to just update them as far as I can tell, I have to browse to each individual mod one at a time on their site and download the new version, and delete the old version.

Is there a way to just update the mods that I'm not seeing?
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: Omnipotent_Cow

Omnipotent_Cow
5 years ago#2
Maybe that will happen eventually, but for now it still gives the mod authors some autonomy.

User Info: CatToy

CatToy
5 years ago#3
Click the version number under Latest Version on the Mods tab and it will send you to the mods page. There is no auto updating however because many mods have special update instructions that may screw up your game, this is one of the reasons Steam Workshop is so inadequate for modding Skyrim.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.

Tyranthraxus
5 years ago#4
Omnipotent_Cow posted...
Maybe that will happen eventually, but for now it still gives the mod authors some autonomy.

what a pain in the ass, Steam Workshop makes sure all your mods are up to date without you having to even do anything.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
5 years ago#5
CatToy posted...
Click the version number under Latest Version on the Mods tab and it will send you to the mods page.

There's a reason the mod numbers are blue, they're links. Also, NMM is still a beta.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
5 years ago#6
ChromaticAngel posted...
Omnipotent_Cow posted...

what a pain in the ass, Steam Workshop makes sure all your mods are up to date without you having to even do anything.

That's because Steam controls all the mods there and they can try to make sure things dont' get f***** up. Often times a new version of a mod will require radically different instructions to install, so it's better to do it all yourself.

You also get issues where newer version of mod A breaks compatibility with mods B, C, and D.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9

Tyranthraxus
5 years ago#7
PraetorXyn posted...
That's because Steam controls all the mods there and they can try to make sure things dont' get f***** up. Often times a new version of a mod will require radically different instructions to install, so it's better to do it all yourself.

You also get issues where newer version of mod A breaks compatibility with mods B, C, and D.

I'm not suggesting that the program just do whatever without asking you. Just like, a little button to update the mod would be nice, and deal with the conflicts one at a time, and if it has funky install instructions, let the mod creator disable NMM updated for that one mod.

I'm going through a list of mods right now (haven't played in a few months) and none of them have special install instructions so far.

User Info: ygfbv

ygfbv
5 years ago#8
ChromaticAngel posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

I'm not suggesting that the program just do whatever without asking you. Just like, a little button to update the mod would be nice, and deal with the conflicts one at a time, and if it has funky install instructions, let the mod creator disable NMM updated for that one mod.

I'm going through a list of mods right now (haven't played in a few months) and none of them have special install instructions so far.

NMM is open source and made by modders (and users), for modders (and users).

Want that feature? Implement it. Here's the Sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/p/nexusmodmanager/home/Home/
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/ygfbv.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nexus Mod Manager, why can't I just download mod updates through it?
  • Topic Archived