This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sniper Elite V2 14.99 Amazon Digital!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sniper Elite V2 14.99 Amazon Digital!

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
5 years ago#11
SmoboHash posted...
never a good sign to see a new game this cheap this soon

Not really, its down this cheap on one site plus its a single player online game about sniping....console version still isn't on sale. Pretty typical for a PC game if ask me.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
5 years ago#12
Not really, its down this cheap on one site plus its a single player online game about sniping....

I still find the "online" portion of this sort of thing funny. Nothing against the genre---slow, methodical sniping in SP is all good. I quite enjoy the first Sniper Elite, aside from the parts where you...aren't sniping.

But full on multiplayer battles of "Who pokes their head out first" just comes off as a biiiit of a bad idea. As one review I saw pointed out: It's like taking that "1337 snipah" that sits in the back of the map in *all* online multiplayer shooters that allow it, and making *everyone* that person.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/Cody48.png

User Info: Bristow84

Bristow84
5 years ago#13
Well I hope that it goes on sale during Steam Sale. As Amazon sucks outside of Canada
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain

User Info: PeteZaHutx

PeteZaHutx
5 years ago#14
SmoboHash posted...
never a good sign to see a new game this cheap this soon

i agree but isnt spec ops the line on sale on amazon right now for 50% of?or is is that game garbage?

User Info: animanganime

animanganime
5 years ago#15
A game that is on sale quickly after its release is because it is not selling. That does not mean that its bad, it just simply means people are not buying for whatever reason.
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Corsair P128 SSD, 16gb G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS

User Info: 60fps

60fps
5 years ago#16
No, Max Payne 3 was also 50% off like a month after release. It has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the PC gaming market.

They are able to increase sales by having more discounts. It's the same tactic that Valve has been using to keep their own games selling high and now many other publishers and distributors do the same. Even Skyrim was on sale quickly after release. Hell, it still hasn't been a year and Deus Ex:HR had over a dozen sales.

There isn't a PC game attached to Steam that doesn't do a hard discount within it's first few months. The only PC gaming company that holds from doing these kinds of discounts are Blizzard.

PC gaming has become Walmart and Target-like ever since Steam became notorious with these sales,
Currently playing: Super Hero Squad Online, Avengers Alliance, Blacklight: Retribution.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
5 years ago#17
Honestly it's not that great a game, but $15 is a decent price for it so soon after release.
Every night I come to the same place and wait til the sky catches up with my mood.

User Info: Crimson_Jesus

Crimson_Jesus
5 years ago#18
Sniper Elite V2 is pretty terrible. Honestly I wouldn't buy it for 10 dollars if I could take back my purchase of it.
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 years ago#19
I really don't understand the hate...I played the demo and loved the atmosphere and the realism of the sniping....is the full game significantly worse than the demo or something? Is it because you actually have to account for bullet drop, heart rate and wind etc.?
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Rarehunter_idol

Rarehunter_idol
5 years ago#20
I really enjoyed the demo myself. Sadly i spent all my saved up gaming money, otherwise i'd jump on this.
All Night And Everyday, I'm In A Galaxy Far, Far Away. Reborn, Unable To Die, I've Committed 100 Suicides.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sniper Elite V2 14.99 Amazon Digital!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived