This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Srsly newegg?

User Info: Shuriko

Shuriko
7 years ago#1
Unfortunately, the below item#13-157-293 MB BIOSTAR|TZ68K+ Z68 LGA1155 R, Motherboard was received with apparent end-user caused physical damage to the CPU socket contact pins that are bent and beyond repair which was possibly caused due to improper installation and or customer neglect. Items received with physical damage cannot be processed by Newegg and voids our return policy. End-user would need to contact the product manufacture for direct support. the item was physically damaged and beyond the applicable Newegg.com warranty coverage as indicated in our Standard Warranty Policy.

I sent in an RMA for the motherboard as it wasn't booting properly. Apparently now they're refusing to do anything because the "CPU port was damaged", even though the CPU had been installed and working perfectly.

I'm really suspicious that they fabricated this s***, which is pissing me off. I was extremely delicate with the thing; I don't see how anything could have possibly been damaged.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zgdjyw.png

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
7 years ago#2
You done screwed up, son.
2500K - 560 Ti 448 CLASSIFIED ULTRA SLI - 8GB DDR3 - M4 128GB SSD - Alienware OptX AW2310

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
7 years ago#3
Maybe next time you should take off your hulk hands when you build your computer.
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
7 years ago#4
DiehardFFv2 posted...
Maybe next time you should take off your hulk hands when you build your computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeANLieobEg

I had a pair. Not anymore. A combination of the foam getting tore up from animals and my hands getting too big.
2500K - 560 Ti 448 CLASSIFIED ULTRA SLI - 8GB DDR3 - M4 128GB SSD - Alienware OptX AW2310

User Info: kjb1992

kjb1992
7 years ago#5
Don't feel bad they did the same with me and everything so now i have a motherboard that i can't rma because of newegg nor the manufacturer.

User Info: Kosba_2142

Kosba_2142
7 years ago#6
Don't feel bad they did the same with me and everything so now i have a motherboard that i can't rma because of newegg nor the manufacturer.

Don't take Shuriko seriously, you're not suppose to feed the trolls
CATS. That's about it honestly...

User Info: nightmare75

nightmare75
7 years ago#7
I've read some Newegg reviews on motherboards recently that claimed that Newegg wasn't accepting RMAs because of bent or damaged pins in the socket. LGA sockets are pretty robust, the pins are spring-loaded on top of being recessed into the socket, making them fairly well protected. You basically have to try to bend them. I find it hard to believe that the pins would actually be damaged.
Proud Follower of Pastafarianism -- 12/15/06
http://www.gt4fox.proboards100.com
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Srsly newegg?
  • Topic Archived