• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. CD-I
  3. Favorite CD-i Games

User Info: SoulCalibur007

SoulCalibur007
6 years ago#1
For anyone who has played CD-i games or has a CD-i, what are your favorite games for the system?

To tell ya the truth, my first ever video game was Hotel Mario. Gosh, I still love it. I stopped after reaching hotel #7 with the coins turning into bellhops. X3

But here are my three favs, not counting the Nintendo ones.

Chaos Control - Gosh, I loved this. The cut scenes and story line were great for its time, excellent animation. I especially loved Stage 2 (stuck at last level of this...bloody hooks) which involves the main character being hooked into a computer mainframe to fight off a virus. (Tron anyone?) Come to think of it, it's Tron + Aliens. O.o

Merlin's Apprentice - These puzzles are just fun! (Except the word stuff....they are annoying. I am so glad the vowels can stay PUT!) If you played the game, you would know what I was talking about. My favorite puzzle in this game is the potion mixture. Using guess and check, you mix several stuff in order to make a certain sequence. Each mixture has it's own scene, and it makes you feel like you are a real wizard making potions. Harry Potter could not even compare to Merlin's potion ingredients. Hey, he could make mini planets!

Alice in Wonderland - There are plenty of stuff that is annoying, but the background scenes, the clay motion (before getting popular) of the characters, and follows the entire story line of Alice in Wonderland by the book is brilliant! You meet ALL the characters with their own cut scenes, like the Mock Tortoise, the Griffon, and that annoying fly on the train into Looking Glass Land.

The 7th Guest and CD-i's version of hangman are also honorable mentions.

So, what are yours? Is anyone familiar with the ones I mentioned above?
The 7th Guest is amazing on CD-i. The animations and FMV's are MUCH cleaner than the PC version, definitely the most polished version.

My fav's are:

Dragon's Lair/DL2:Timewarp/Space Ace. I absolutely LOVE these games. And the CD-i versions are still the best IMO, even more so than the DVD/Blu-Ray editions. The graphics are fantastic, and the controls are spot on (something the Sega CD and 3DO versions suffer from).

Burn: Cycle. Come on. You CAN'T have a fav CD-i game list without this game. :)

Voyeur. Awesome spy thriller where you check out all the goings on inside a twisted Presidential candidate's mansion? Very cool. This is the type of game I think of when i think of a real interactive movie.

Also really like the Clue games.

And now, Mad Dog McCree and Who Shot Johnny Rock. What can I say, I'm one of the few people who digs FMV games. :D
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!

SoulCalibur007
6 years ago#3
Christopher Belmont posted...
The 7th Guest is amazing on CD-i. The animations and FMV's are MUCH cleaner than the PC version, definitely the most polished version.

My fav's are:

Dragon's Lair/DL2:Timewarp/Space Ace. I absolutely LOVE these games. And the CD-i versions are still the best IMO, even more so than the DVD/Blu-Ray editions. The graphics are fantastic, and the controls are spot on (something the Sega CD and 3DO versions suffer from).

Burn: Cycle. Come on. You CAN'T have a fav CD-i game list without this game. :)

Voyeur. Awesome spy thriller where you check out all the goings on inside a twisted Presidential candidate's mansion? Very cool. This is the type of game I think of when i think of a real interactive movie.

Also really like the Clue games.

And now, Mad Dog McCree and Who Shot Johnny Rock. What can I say, I'm one of the few people who digs FMV games. :D

Ah, I do have the DL and SP games, out of the three I loved Space Ace. I got stuck at this roller blade track thing...just was not fast enough.

The 7th Guest is an amazing one, excellent story, graphics, and tough puzzles. The chess one had me stumped for awhile.

Some of the ones you listed I do not have. I do not have a copy of Burn: Cycle, Voyeur, and Who Shot Johnny Rock. I am interested to learn more about them!

There was more than one Clue game for the CD-I?!? PLEASE DO TELL! I think they could have used the cutscenes to make a more...serious Clue movie. They were very well done!

Mad Dog McCree...oh how I have tried to save that old man's life in the beginning X number of times....I tried.
"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of gaming and anime!"
Saving the Prospector is easy. :)

And yes, there was a second Clue game called The Mystery Continues. New stories and such.

SoulCalibur007
6 years ago#5
I stink at shooters. That's why. X3

Wow, I wish I had the second. I only have the first.

In the 7th Guest, what was your hardest puzzle?
The damn chess one in the bathroom. Since I don't know how to play chess it was seriously a task of just messing around with it until I got it right.

The other chess one, in the game room, was also a challenge but I'm happy to say I solved that with no help. :)

The cellar maze is also a pain. It took me FOREVER to realize the map was the rug in the Knox's bedroom. -_-'

And you can't play Mad Dog without the Peacekeeper! :D Get the light gun, it makes a HUGE difference. The controller just isn't fast/accurate enough.

User Info: Maximothelad

Maximothelad
6 years ago#7
Burn Cycle is the only fun game CD-i has! lol

The rest suck and why are you on my board ? lol Is Christopher Belmont talking to himself again?

SoulCalibur007
6 years ago#8
Maximothelad posted...
Burn Cycle is the only fun game CD-i has! lol

The rest suck and why are you on my board ? lol Is Christopher Belmont talking to himself again?

I am not Christopher Belmont.

But I am curious about this game....Burn Cycle...what is it about?
Yeah, Christopher Belmont is NOT SoulCalibur007...

SoulCalibur007 is Christopher Belmont. Get it right.

Burn: Cycle is probably the best CD-i game. It's an FMV cyber-punk adventure game. You're a futuristic hacker who accidentally downloads a virus into your head while trying to steal valuable information from the network. You then have 2 hours to solve the mystery before your brain melts. :)

Check out some Youtube vids, it really is a cool game. Puzzle solving, good action scenes, decent acting.

SoulCalibur007
6 years ago#10
Christopher Belmont posted...
Yeah, Christopher Belmont is NOT SoulCalibur007...

SoulCalibur007 is Christopher Belmont. Get it right.

Burn: Cycle is probably the best CD-i game. It's an FMV cyber-punk adventure game. You're a futuristic hacker who accidentally downloads a virus into your head while trying to steal valuable information from the network. You then have 2 hours to solve the mystery before your brain melts. :)

Check out some Youtube vids, it really is a cool game. Puzzle solving, good action scenes, decent acting.

*wants to get it* Ok, will check it out!

Though, are you familiar with Chaos Control? It does have a similar theme in Stage 2 (Level 2, not sure if they count it as a stage or level...)\

And how am I you?

But Christopher Belmont in a Soul Calibur game...I mean, he has a whip and all, IT WOULD SO WORK!!! Now, Christopher vs. Link Soul Calibur style....THAT is the question!

Which leads to even MORE questions...why isn't any of the Castlevania series in SSB series? It's so nintendo...they should.
  1. Boards
  2. CD-I
  3. Favorite CD-i Games
  • Topic Archived