• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. How do I plug Gamecube composite into tv's component? And what setting?
Emertex 8 years ago#1
There's a similar topic I looked at already, and the solution seemed to be "in the settings". But what setting is it supposed to be?? I can't seem to find it.

The yellow is plugged into the green slot.
The picture comes on as soon as I also plug the white into the blue slot, but the screen is black and white, and the pictures's distorted.

Also there's no sound.

And by distorted I mean there's lines, and a square-ish shaped pattern throughout the screen.
eigafan 8 years ago#2
You should check your TV's AV input settings. For example, for my Sony Bravia it is under Settings/Setup/AV Setup - Manage Inputs.
jimmuy 8 years ago#3
you don't plug composite into component, only composite into the yellow, white, red, and component into the green, blue, red. i mean really, you had to be told this?
Emertex 8 years ago#4
jimmuy posted...
you don't plug composite into component, only composite into the yellow, white, red, and component into the green, blue, red. i mean really, you had to be told this?

The tv obviously doesn't have the yellow and white composite slots, only the component green blue red, or I would have done that in the first place. I mean really, you had to be told this?
SSJ2 Dark 8 years ago#5
The problem is that you're plugging the white audio cable into the blue Pb video input. I run composite through my component input on my HDTV, and it works fine. You want to set it up like this:

Composite -> Component TV
___Yellow -> Green (Video)
____None -> Blue (Video)
____None -> Red (Video)
____White -> White (Audio)
_____Red -> Red (Audio)

Makes sense?

Edit: it sounds like your audio inputs might be somewhere else on the TV. Does your component input have five ports in a row like I show above?
3DS FC: 2277-6643-3911
True strength comes in response to a need, not a desire. - Goku
Emertex 8 years ago#6
SSJ2 Dark posted...
The problem is that you're plugging the white audio cable into the blue Pb video input. I run composite through my component input on my HDTV, and it works fine. You want to set it up like this:

Composite -> Component TV
___Yellow -> Green (Video)
____None -> Blue (Video)
____None -> Red (Video)
____White -> White (Audio)
_____Red -> Red (Audio)

Makes sense?

Edit: it sounds like your audio inputs might be somewhere else on the TV. Does your component input have five ports in a row like I show above?

Sat down to type a response saying "Tried that before, and yes they're in a row, but didn't work."
and decided to change the source/input back to cable, and noticed a new input was there, and it works! Thanks.

I guess I'll still leave the link to the picture in here for anyone else who might have this problem.

Click the magnifying glass to view different angles

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Mobile/App/Product/Item/Images.aspx?i=30526D4003&tp=35945
Lum_Yatsura 8 years ago#7
Ah one of those irritating-sounding TVs you must choose composite or component.
I don't own one myself.
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.
Pako Pako 8 years ago#8
Man, I miss S-Video.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
FuzzyJello 8 years ago#9
Pako Pako posted...
Man, I miss S-Video.

Did S-Video ever have some kind of heyday or was it just a per-component thing that the N64 and Gamecube seem to have immortalized?
3DS Friend Code: 0104-4298-9251
Snowthaproduct 8 years ago#10
Pako Pako posted...
Man, I miss S-Video.

My tv has s-video :D
High punches, spin-kicks, watch the back-split
I see you in the air when I make you back-flip
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. How do I plug Gamecube composite into tv's component? And what setting?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A