• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox
  3. Error 21 no softmod

User Info: Shoaraphah

Shoaraphah
5 years ago#1
Hi I booted my old Xbox and while booting up I got the error 21 message I think it has to do with softmoding your Xbox I didn't even try to softmoding it
You want a blumpkin?

User Info: Chunker_Butt

Chunker_Butt
5 years ago#2
Little kid: "It could be a tumor"
Arnie: "It's not a tumor!!!"

Sorry I got nothing. Never seen or heard of that error before thankfully.
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
5 years ago#3
I've never had that error too. Maybe make a copy of a known working hard drive and copy it to that one? I don't know. Probably won't work either, and I assume requires you to jump through hoops to do it. I don't really mess with modding my xboxes too much. I like the original dash on my main xbox.

I did find this link that explains all the error codes though. Maybe I can finally fix my error code 12 xbox.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/xbox-error-codes-explained-go-here-first.373255/
2600|5200|Lynx|Master System|Genesis|Saturn|Dreamcast|Gamegear |PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP|NES|SNES|N64|GCN|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|3DS|Xbox|Xbox 360|Xbox One|3DO

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
5 years ago#4
Ya getting an error 21 with no soft mod means there is something up with the hard drive.
Sorry just need money got tired of being snitched on.
Whatever tho I snitched too lol fair game.

User Info: Shoaraphah

Shoaraphah
5 years ago#5
That f***ing sucks I was hoping it would work thanks to all who tryed to help
You want a blumpkin?

User Info: PStrife

PStrife
5 years ago#6
At least yours lasted long enough to get an incurable corrupt hard drive problem. Better then it never starting up again. Maybe someday someone will find a cure for hard drive swapping for the Xbox.

The concept of a modded franken-Xbox should become a viable thing. With the possibility of installing a new hard drive and a new shiny DVD drive. Their should be a possible solution for this.

MrCokeacola
5 years ago#7
I mean if you have an eeprom you could potentially fix it. But I can't go into details about how on Gamefaqs.

User Info: Chunker_Butt

Chunker_Butt
5 years ago#8
I don't care about modding my xbox. I have literally hundreds of legitamately purchased official Xbox games. So many that I will sadly die without playing a lot of them.

However I do care very much about console maintenance. This board should allow/promote discussion of doing whatever you've gotta do to keep your console alive. If that means modding parts of it then so be it. I've got all the unpirated games. I just wanna be able to play those games forever. Or at least until I die, if that happens to come first.
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF

MrCokeacola
5 years ago#9
I mean it's totally a-ok to do these things in Canada and probably Australia.

But this board is based in America where the laws are a bit more draconian.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox
  3. Error 21 no softmod
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A