• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: rchoe

rchoe
12 years ago#21
eh, not much. Just studying my way through the summer. Fun times.
You?

User Info: Busterbeam

Busterbeam
12 years ago#22
this semester is finally winding down but i still have a lot of prep work to do for extra classes and text book revisions.

whats your major again?
The Arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice. -MLK

rchoe
12 years ago#23
I'm in the exciting world of accounting. (<_<)
I think a lot of people have the misconception that accounting = bookkeeping (ie. adding numbers up), but that's just a small part of it.

I thought you were teaching English in Japan?... or are you taking classes as well, and if so, which ones?

Busterbeam
12 years ago#24
ah i sucked at accounting. im teaching english at a university, so text book revisions are a part of my job. you must be pretty young then eh? 20? and in BC? Why the interest in Japanese if youre into accounting?

rchoe
12 years ago#25
Interest in Japanese came mostly because of video games. :D But even when I was younger, I always wanted to learn it because it looked interesting, but I never did until I entered university. I wouldn't say I'm really into accounting. If money was no issue, I would study language abroad and work to become a translator or language instructor... but money is much more important to me. :D
BTW, I'm not 20... -_- I already have a degree in computer science, and accounting is what I chose to do after I realized I didn't enjoy CS anymore.

Busterbeam
12 years ago#26
oh really. you must be close to my age then. late 20's. wasnt it hard starting over? or are you a part time student?

language instruction is a pretty cool job, let me tell you. but the money thing... its hard to find a good high paying job. they are out there tho. just not common.

rchoe
12 years ago#27
I'm taking school full time now. It wasn't that hard going back though.
But teaching at a university... must not be easy getting a job like that.

Busterbeam
12 years ago#28
it was easy actually. but i was lucky. i knew someone so i got in easily. they only hire by word of mouth it seems! that cant be bothered with the deluge of resumes they get from open advertising. so yeah its a both difficult and really easy.

Busterbeam
12 years ago#29
when are you totally done? 2010? im thinking of getting retrained myself. in animation!

rchoe
12 years ago#30
I'll be done schooling sometime next year. Then I can start my professional designation training, which means working and taking part-time courses online.
Animation sounds really fun. 3D or traditional? I used to love drawing, but I haven't done anything in years now. I also would've loved to do something like animation, but I never had enough natural talent.
  • Topic Archived