• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TreeDigger

TreeDigger
2 months ago#11
It might suck on x-box (because of loading/chance of file be f'ed up) but it definitely hasnt aged poorly. Its better than a lot of games released in the last 20 years. It does have quite the learning curve so I can see Z generation not liking it

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
1 month ago#12
TreeDigger posted...
It might suck on x-box (because of loading/chance of file be f'ed up) but it definitely hasnt aged poorly. Its better than a lot of games released in the last 20 years. It does have quite the learning curve so I can see Z generation not liking it
I heard the original Xbox has issues with the game but playing it on Xbox One X it is great. That learning curve though takes getting use to. Still trying to figure out how to level sneak as it seems to level different then Skyrim for example.

TreeDigger
1 month ago#13
If your sneak is under 25 you pretty much need to use a trainer to get started. Then level it near somewhere thats dark and there has to be people present. (You have to be actually sneaking with the yellow icon for it to gain exp).

Things that boost agility will help.

DarkHalf91
1 month ago#14
TreeDigger posted...
If your sneak is under 25 you pretty much need to use a trainer to get started. Then level it near somewhere thats dark and there has to be people present. (You have to be actually sneaking with the yellow icon for it to gain exp).

Things that boost agility will help.
Yeah I know how to sneak in terms of the yellow icon. It just never goes up in skill or the icon randomly disappears even though I don't think they see me. I managed to get it up by one level but since then it is stuck. I also use the trainers but ran out of gold. I figured using trainers for everything in Morrowind is the way to go early on though unlike Skyrim.

I know I need a chameleon spell but can't seem to find it even looking online. I wouldn't worry about it but I am on the fighters guild quest to get the code book from Sottilde. I could kill her for it but I am also part of the Thieves Guild so want to avoid that and just pickpocket it. Right now I am just doing other quest and stuff to build gold for training.
(edited 1 month ago)

TreeDigger
1 month ago#15
I forget the name of the town its near but theres a lady near a body of water that lost a ring and asks you to fetch it, when you do her and a guy attack you.

The guy is wearing a really good ring that casts a high level chameleon spell. I tried looking over the map at https://en.uesp.net/maps/mwmap/mwmap.shtml but for the life of me cant remember.

Also unless someone knows a trick the only way to get the book and be in both guilds with out console commands is to NOT join the thieves guild, get upto the book quest. get the book by raising her deposition, DONT return the book just yet. NOW is the time to join the theives guild THEN return the book.

I could be wrong but even with high level security/sneak/chameleon it will be hard to steal it and get away with it.

Maybe knock her out and pay the fine through the theives guild...Im not sure.
(edited 1 month ago)

DarkHalf91
1 month ago#16
TreeDigger posted...
I forget the name of the town its near but theres a lady near a body of water that lost a ring and asks you to fetch it, when you do her and a guy attack you.

The guy is wearing a really good ring that casts a high level chameleon spell. I tried looking over the map at https://en.uesp.net/maps/mwmap/mwmap.shtml but for the life of me cant remember.

Also unless someone knows a trick the only way to get the book and be in both guilds with out console commands is to NOT join the thieves guild, get upto the book quest. get the book by raising her deposition, DONT return the book just yet. NOW is the time to join the theives guild THEN return the book.

I could be wrong but even with high level security/sneak/chameleon it will be hard to steal it and get away with it.

Maybe knock her out and pay the fine through the theives guild...Im not sure.
I was going by this and it never said anything about not being able to complete the quest if I was part of the theives guild https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_Code_Book

TreeDigger
1 month ago#17
Like I said I could be wrong, let me know how it turned out :). I think you can also console it in, but not sure if that would be a good idea.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A