• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition
  3. On 360, can a NON GotY edition save work on a GotY disc? Or are they different?

User Info: BrelenRaven

BrelenRaven
11 months ago#1
I've never been able to get a answer to this... extremely specific question, heh. And I doubt I'll find it here either, but oh well, might as well try, aha. : )

I don't know if the 360 counts the vanilla game as a separate game from the GotY edition, hence why they might have different saves.
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen, but just call me Brelen.

User Info: FantasticGabe

FantasticGabe
11 months ago#2
I am 99% sure it will not be able to work- game versions alone, there are changes in the GOTY version that would make a save from the original look corrupted. Even if the saves managed to be detected, I highly, highly doubt it will launch.
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
Formerly known as IBKNAWTU.

BrelenRaven
11 months ago#3
FantasticGabe posted...
I am 99% sure it will not be able to work- game versions alone, there are changes in the GOTY version that would make a save from the original look corrupted. Even if the saves managed to be detected, I highly, highly doubt it will launch.

That's pretty much what I've been thinking. :/

Kinda sucks, ahaha.
I've been called the Hero of Kvatch, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Dragonborn, Courier 6, and the Arisen, but just call me Brelen.

User Info: NemesisOgreKing

NemesisOgreKing
10 months ago#4
FantasticGabe posted...

On the OG Xbox, you could. On 360, I can 100% confirm this does not work. As I played through my PH version first to get as 100% as I could. I then switch to my GotY version to reset the actors and gain access to the Expansion content. 360 does not even list the PH's saves. 50hrs down the drain. :,(
The Man in Black fled across the desert and Gunslinger followed.
oN THe eiGhTH Day, GoD CReaTeD TuRoK

BrelenRaven
10 months ago#5
NemesisOgreKing posted...
FantasticGabe posted...

On the OG Xbox, you could. On 360, I can 100% confirm this does not work. As I played through my PH version first to get as 100% as I could. I then switch to my GotY version to reset the actors and gain access to the Expansion content. 360 does not even list the PH's saves. 50hrs down the drain. :,(

Dang, that sucks! That's exactly what I was trying to avoid, so I never played the vanilla game much. :/
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition
  3. On 360, can a NON GotY edition save work on a GotY disc? Or are they different?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A