• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tony Hawk's Underground
  3. Glitches in This Game! Fun!

User Info: VARidley

VARidley
2 years ago#1
Board dead? Don't care. Someone might come back occasionally :D

I invaded the PS2 version of this board and posted stuff there as well, but when my parents gave my PS2 and most of my games to my older sister, I got another PS2 and just had the Armored Core series games left.

Now, though, I just bought a GameCube for the first time, and I have THUG as my first game! Better than the PS2 version because of minimal loading times. The loading bar never gets full (usually half full is the max) before loading finishes. Love this freakin' game!!!

I also love how the glitches exist just the same here as in the PS2 version.

I'll name minor stuff first, then get into the more major thing. There aren't many glitches I labeled here, but they make exploration interesting.

Minor glitch: Eric's Challenge in New Jersey

You can leave the drainage ditch during the challenge. To do this, turn and face the archway at the end of the street. Skate toward it, staying on the right side. Don't veer off to the left or you'll get teleported back into the ditch.

When you hit the hard barrier at the end of the archway, you'll hear the gunshot sound and be teleported outside the archway onto the road, with two error messages displayed simultaneously. You're still in Eric's Challenge, but you can go all over New Jersey now.

Melon: your Melon trick isn't registered outside the ditch. You have to do it in there, or at least very close to it, I believe. Probably just needs to be close enough that Eric is moving.

Reverts: you can do these anywhere and they will count.

Beat Eric's score: this is the funniest part. You can make Eric look totally stupid by preventing his score from even going over 500. Just go far away from the drainage ditch, and Eric's sprite will freeze and do nothing. Then you just do a Caveman or two, stand back, and watch the timer run down while Eric hangs in midair. This is why the game keeps you in the ditch during the challenge, so he can keep moving. This glitch, therefore, is also a cheat.

Major / Minor (Depends where you do it): Barrier Skip 1

Requires Moon Gravity. Turn on your Moon Gravity and find a barrier (there are two kinds, one where it activates if you go too far in a certain direction, and the other activates when you hit the ground where the barrier exists). The first kind is the one you're skipping here. It's all over New Jersey, and exists in just about every other level in some places.

Simply find a building, or invisible wall, and continuously moon gravity jump up the wall. Soon you'll fall past the invisible wall or get stuck in an odd invisible barrier (if that happens, move to the side to get out). Some of those odd barriers require even higher jumping to skip over the main barrier. This one's kind of hard to explain so I'll give an easy example.

In New Jersey, jump up over the fence next to the archway. The fence has an invisible wall that extends very high for a long distance. When it ends, you'll fall over the side of the fence and find one of those "odd barriers" I mentioned right at the edge of the ground next to the water, preventing you from going any further. You can go under the train tracks here as well. Don't enter the one-sides building though, because there's another odd barrier in there and this one can trap you permanently, forcing you to reset the level.

You can do this same trick, with some practice, next to the bridge and also across from it, where the brown roadblocks are set up.

Obviously, things get really messed-up looking when you go too far. But these barriers don't extend very far before you encounter the "odd" sticky barrier that prevents further progress.

In the next comment below, I detail the major glitch, Barrier Skip 2.
Robo: Name? Ah, my serial number. It is R66-Y.
Marle: That won't do at all! Let's give him a better name! Your new name is R66-Y okay? *Yeah screw you Marle*

VARidley
2 years ago#2
Now for the REALLY major thing.

Major: Barrier Skip 2

Doesn't require Moon Gravity. This one allows you to enter the barriers that activate only on the ground. Just jump over the barrier, get ready to hit the ground, and just before you do, pause and choose Set Restart. Then unpause. If you're still in the air, do the same thing again. Keep doing it until you hit the ground. You may either activate the barrier or not when you hit the ground, but if you do, just choose Go To Custom Restart and you'll appear inside the barred area, standing on the ground.

This is the same barrier that makes you splash and restart when you fall into the water, meaning you can use this trick to walk on water as well.

The best place to do this is in Hawaii; you can enter the golf course here, and see far beyond it to the horribly messy terrain beyond. You can jump up onto the bridge at the end of the level and actually interrupt the traffic up there; I guess it's teleporting there from somewhere? I dunno. You can even watch the cars disappear into thin air at the end of the bridge.

You can also do the trick on the beach and go REALLY far in either direction, as well as running out into the water. When you go far enough, you'll see the sand end, and nothing underneath. There is a view of the Evil Tiki from here, though. If you go far left or right, the scenery becomes flat and noticeably fake, and has a much less smooth, more "programmy" look to it. The edge of the beach no longer has flowing tide; it's just a hard end of the water, a literal line between water palette and sand palette. You'll see a lot of these weird lines; most of them, when you try to step over them, will activate the barrier and throw you out of the glitch zone. The buildings on the shore will look deserted and destroyed and EXTREMELY screwed up the further you progress.

Beware, as jumping and getting on your board will also activate these barriers (but only when using Barrier Skip 2). You have to explore while walking.
Marle: That won't do at all! Let's give him a better name! Your new name is R66-Y okay? *Yeah screw you Marle*

VARidley
2 years ago#3
It's also a lot of fun doing this in Vancouver. You can skip over the water's odd lines in this one and go out REALLY far, toward the distant scenery. Give it a try!
  1. Boards
  2. Tony Hawk's Underground
  3. Glitches in This Game! Fun!
  • Topic Archived