• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lethal Skies II
  3. Anyone else like this game?

User Info: Eagle Man

Eagle Man
12 years ago#1
I realize this isn't one of the more popular PS2 games, but I was surprised to find zero posts here. Anyway, I just started playing this again and I like how it has a different feel than the more popular Ace Combat series. The more realistic payloads and handling make it a nice break from the more arcade style flying games. Anyone else have comments?
Captain Morgan, he's our hero
Gonna take sobriety down to zero

User Info: anthoniusr

anthoniusr
12 years ago#2
Yeah, I like this game, too, but the biggest hiccup for me is that despite the realistic payload, you're still expected to blow through as many enemies as a standard mission in an Ace Combat game, which is sometimes nigh on impossible to do. One mission later in the game involving the destruction of the enemy's superweapon followed by the enemy ace squadron I wasn't able to get by no matter what I did. That's about as far as I got through the story mode, unfortunately.

But the usefulness of the cannon (and its ease of use) in comparison to Ace Combat's more realistic aiming and minimal damage is refreshing, as is (ironically) the more realistic flight model. Wingmen could have been more useful, though, and the story seems rushed. That said, the game starts off where I live, which is Newfoundland. =D
  1. Boards
  2. Lethal Skies II
  3. Anyone else like this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A