• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  3. PS2 San Andreas - Banned version vs newer version

User Info: Wiskey-

Wiskey-
7 years ago#1
Hello,

I've tried searching this forum and couldn't find the answer to my questions. Also did a Google search and came up with varying responses.

I was wondering how to tell the difference between the PS2 banned version to the newer version that came out afterwards. I have a copy that i'm trying to sell on Ebay but not exactly sure which version I have.

Thank you very much in advance

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
7 years ago#2
Well, if you played your copy, then refer to Gram's website here: http://www.freewebs.com/floftfrog/gtasascaqs.htm#130535588

If not, you can always check the UPC on the case.

Original
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Adults Only

2004 UPC 7 1042527410 7

The original, "Hot Coffee", hidden sex Mini-Game, In 2004 San Andreas was released with a Mature rating on the case and Adult content that no one knew was there. In late 2005 the Adult content was discovered. The game was re-rated Adult. Production was halted. 15 million copies and every one says Mature, that is why they were recalled. The Adult version says Mature.

Edited To Mature
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Special Edition

2005 UPC 7 1042527918 8

The special edition of the game is now rated M instead of Adults Only and includes THE INTRODUCTION, a video recapping the major story events up to San Andreas and SUNDAY DRIVER, a documentary film about a low rider car club in Los Angeles.

Edited To Mature
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Greatest Hits

2006 UPC 7 1042527888 4

The original with the Adult content stripped away, released as Greatest Hits, the game is now rated M instead of Adults Only.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Wiskey-

Wiskey-
7 years ago#3
You're awesome man. Really appreciate it, thank you.

User Info: kjhoh

kjhoh
7 years ago#4
WOW i dont know it until i saw this today!

kjhoh
7 years ago#5
but i saw there are three versions of them which are v1 v2 and v3,so which one is the original adult one?

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
7 years ago#6
If your copy says Special Edition, then it should be the original just without Hot Coffe. If it says Greatest Hits, then it should be the latest version with all the missions fixed. If it doesn't say either of those, there is a good chance you have an original adult copy.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: RARusk

RARusk
7 years ago#7
kjhoh posted...
but i saw there are three versions of them which are v1 v2 and v3,so which one is the original adult one?

V1 is the original.

In addition, the Special Edition includes important bug fixes that got through on the Original Version so it is best to get the SE.
"it's the gamefaqs train! ROLLING IN A CIRCLE, MISSING THE POINT. choo chooo!!!!!" - Planet_Terror

kjhoh
7 years ago#8
RARusk posted...
kjhoh posted...

so the SE version didnt remove anything from the original one and just some bug fixes?
i had problem with the gang territory in the version i played,which i cant find the final territory before and after the groove street reunion

V1 is the original.

In addition, the Special Edition includes important bug fixes that got through on the Original Version so it is best to get the SE.

User Info: RARusk

RARusk
7 years ago#9
The SE removed the Hot Coffee mini game but really nothing else of major importance. The silver lining to the scandal is that it gave Rockstar the ability to fix the major bugs that got away (Supply Lines, Off-Map Glitch) making the SE more preferable to play than the original.

As far as gang territory, there are three real small ones: there's a small strip of sidewalk near the East Mulholland 24-7, the Jefferson Motel parking lot, and another one in south Los Flores. I'm betting the one you're missing is the one in East Mulholland.
"it's the gamefaqs train! ROLLING IN A CIRCLE, MISSING THE POINT. choo chooo!!!!!" - Planet_Terror

kjhoh
7 years ago#10
RARusk posted...
The SE removed the Hot Coffee mini game but really nothing else of major importance. The silver lining to the scandal is that it gave Rockstar the ability to fix the major bugs that got away (Supply Lines, Off-Map Glitch) making the SE more preferable to play than the original.

As far as gang territory, there are three real small ones: there's a small strip of sidewalk near the East Mulholland 24-7, the Jefferson Motel parking lot, and another one in south Los Flores. I'm betting the one you're missing is the one in East Mulholland.

LOL, i thought it was a bug in the game haha. what is the gang in east mulholland?i think it is easier for me to find when i can see them in person.i might go back to san andreas some other day as my ps2 is dead,when i get my ps2 ready i will definitely go through san andreas,vice city, and 3 again :D
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  3. PS2 San Andreas - Banned version vs newer version
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A