• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  3. How long does it take to complete this game?

User Info: robmak

robmak
9 years ago#1
Roughly?

Thanks

User Info: thegrambauer

thegrambauer
9 years ago#2
Dunno, it depends on the person. Some say 50 hours, but others if they cut out all the side missions and so on, maybe 30 or 40 hours. It all comes down to how good the player is.
http://floftfrog.webs.com/apps/forums/
For SACK News, Videogames (like GTASA), TV, Movies and Harry Potter.

User Info: overcracker

overcracker
9 years ago#3
This type of question is completely subjective. There's no way anybody can answer this for you since we don't know how you play games.

If by completed you mean every single little thing there is to do in the game probably way more than 50 hours.

If complete means just the main story, then maybe 20.

But of course that can vary if you play the game really fast, and never fail a missions, or if you fail a lot and have to repeat missions etc... If you do side missions and other activities between missions or if you just stick to the story etc .. Too many things can alter the time it takes to finish it.

At the end the time it will take you to finish a game will be completed different to the time it took me to finish it or the time it takes somebody else.
"I thought this game was called: Deadpool and his Inferior Friends "

User Info: eaterofvegans

eaterofvegans
9 years ago#4
Looks like the general opinion is that it takes at least 20 hours to do the main story. and an additional 20-60 to complete everything. Personally I never did keep track of my hours logged. So I don't know for sure.
You're not a doctor, you can't tell something like this over the internet.

User Info: robmak

robmak
9 years ago#5
Besides the main story, what is there to do?What are the side missions?

I just started playing, is this game hard?I completed Vice city.I assume this game is harder as you can go to hospital by not doing anything.

User Info: eaterofvegans

eaterofvegans
9 years ago#6
to answer your first question.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/914983-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/faqs/33580

As for the difficulty level, C.J.'s stats will increase as you play through. IE if you use the 9 mm a lot, pretty soon you will be able to hold 2 of them. After that you will be able to walk and shoot. The same goes for strength and stamina. As well as your skill behind the wheel. The more you drive/fly the better C.J. will be at both.

So what I am getting at in a nutshell is, The missions are about on par for what one would expect from a GTA game. Certain missions are going to be harder for some one who's stats are lower. If you have a hard time doing a 'go here,go there' mission go to the driving schools and advance your driving skill. if you dont like having to stand still and shoot go to the firing range ect. These little improvements to C.J. will make the game much easier.

Another suggestion is to focus on the side missions first. like the fire, ambulance, police, pimping, and taxi missions. Completing these with level up your base skills, net a good chunk of change, and provide other useful buffs.
You're not a doctor, you can't tell something like this over the internet.

User Info: bigM10231

bigM10231
9 years ago#7
constantly playing like 12 hours a day for 4 days or about 50 hours
i own: NES SNES N64 GCN Wii Ps1 PS2 PS3 360 Genesis Saturn GG PSP GB GBC GBASP1 DSL XBOX

User Info: Nodonn3

Nodonn3
9 years ago#8
I've been at it pretty full on for what, maybe 9 or 10 days now. I'm only just starting to near the end (just finished St Mark's Bistro).

Still haven't done the vehicle import/export, pimping, taxi, horseshoes, golds in the schools, delivery missions, all sorts of side stuff I've left 'til after the main game.

This is easily one of the biggest games I've ever played, barring online RPG's of course. Mind you, I've spent literally hours trying to complete some missions and challenges. Lost ages on the one where you have to jump from plane to plane (Freefall?), I just couldn't hit that bloody Corona for the life of me.

Plus driving and flying schools alone are pretty epic. I have a few golds, but mostly bronze and silver. Took me ages and ages to get that stupid barrel roll in the driving school. I could roll OK ... but with 100% damage at the end every time, grrr lol. Don't even get me started on the stupid flying school challenges, there's no way in hell I'm ever getting golds in all of those.
When the light bulb goes on in my head ... is that just a filament of my imagination?

User Info: Nodonn3

Nodonn3
9 years ago#9
^ 45 hours on the game clock by the way.
When the light bulb goes on in my head ... is that just a filament of my imagination?

User Info: overcracker

overcracker
9 years ago#10
Besides the main story, what is there to do?What are the side missions?

so many things to list:

firefighter, paramedic, taxi, pimping, police, house burglary, Bicycle challenges (chilliad races, and skate park challenge), tag Spraying, snapshots, horseshoe collecting, Oyster collecting, delivery missions, trucking missions, motorcycle missions, stadium events (stock car racing, demolition derby, sanchez race, sanchez obstacle course), train missions, Quarry missions, Schools (bike, car, boat), Gyms, shooting ranges, races, Flying challenges, unique jumps, girlfriends etc...

None of these are part of the main story.
"I thought this game was called: Deadpool and his Inferior Friends "
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  3. How long does it take to complete this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A