You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
beatumdown 4 months ago#1
This is just a thought. Nothing informative.

The Ventrue and Toreador should be given the Skyline Apartments as their starting Haven and as the game progress be given a Mansion Haven upon completion of some quests. The mansion should have Heather, two retainers and a Blood Doll (Vassal) as part of your Herd. As the highest clans they should get a chance to achieve luxury.

A perfect place would the Malkavian Primogen estate since he won’t need the place anymore. Lacriox could be like β€œAs a reward for exemplary work my organization will begin refurbishment of Grouts estate into a luxury Haven for you befitting of your high clan status.” Or something like that.

Just a thought. What do you all think? Any feedback would be cool. 😁
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}
3DS FC~Beatumdown:3711-9502-4467 & Beatumup:3969-7378-0441
Djoser2000 4 months ago#2
While the idea is nice indeed, sonething like this would be super hard to mod I guess.
So the chances are like 0.00%

Modding has done much for the game, esp the UP+ andthe CQM but there's only so much you can do.
Heck, after all those years I'm still wanting a quicktravel system (esp to any haven you may have and the Nosferatu hideout once you reached it) or some "check your mails from every computer" or so.
'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.' Charles Bukowski
vlado_e 4 months ago#3
beatumdown posted...
A perfect place would the Malkavian Primogen estate since he won’t need the place anymore.
It burned down, though.
The owls are not what they seem.
beatumdown 4 months ago#4
vlado_e posted...
It burned down, though

Build it back. Being Ventrue Lacriox has the money. πŸ˜‚

some09guy II 4 months ago#5
I disagree, mostly due to the context of the game. When you start off you don't really have support. Independent of your clan, you are LaCroix's toy and he doesn't intend for you to survive the night so there's no real purpose to moving you into some fancy locale. When you do survive the night and should you be loyal he gives you a pretty nice apartment. If the game were to extent longer perhaps there might be more of an upgrade, but fact is that the timeframe of the game is only a couple weeks long so you moving from place to place doesn't make much sense.
beatumdown 4 months ago#6
Djoser2000 posted...
While the idea is nice indeed, sonething like this would be super hard to mod I guess.
So the chances are like 0.00%

Modding has done much for the game, esp the UP+ andthe CQM but there's only so much you can do.
Heck, after all those years I'm still wanting a quicktravel system (esp to any haven you may have and the Nosferatu hideout once you reached it) or some "check your mails from every computer" or so.

Great idea. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸΏ

beatumdown 4 months ago#7
some09guy II posted...
I disagree, mostly due to the context of the game. When you start off you don't really have support. Independent of your clan, you are LaCroix's toy and he doesn't intend for you to survive the night so there's no real purpose to moving you into some fancy locale. When you do survive the night and should you be loyal he gives you a pretty nice apartment. If the game were to extent longer perhaps there might be more of an upgrade, but fact is that the timeframe of the game is only a couple weeks long so you moving from place to place doesn't make much sense.

Great points. Still as Ventrue or even Toreador they don’t just embrace anyone. Usually they embrace mortals with some type of status, wealthy, and the Toreador case a talent to. Yeah as a fledgling with no real sire you are thrown to the wolves and expected not to survive, but as these two clan one had to have had access to their previous wealth. 😊

As far as moding yeah I know this game has been modded all to h*ll over the years. I just had a little though in my head the these two clans be more high class even given the circumstances of their embrace. 😎

wesp5 2 months ago#8
Late to the party, but yes, a mod giving each clan a different haven would be possible, but it would also be a lot of work. And having the primogen do this via email just wouldn't cut it.
(edited 2 months ago)
beatumdown 2 months ago#9
wesp5 posted...
Late to the party, but yes, a mod giving each clan a different haven would be possible, but it would also be a lot of work. And having the primogen do this via email just wouldn't cut it.

Im pretty sure it’s a great deal of work. My topic was mostly for convo. However my only thought was that it would be cool is a Ventrue and Toreador would have the opportunity to live more lavish than the other clans since those clans are all about status wealth and the finer things in life. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸΏ

wesp5 2 months ago#10
I still think your options are a bit over the top, you are still a fledgeling after all. I would give Tawni's place in Hollywood to Toreador from Isaace and keep the Skyline for the Ventrue. But it's hard to find suitable already existing places for Brujah, Gangrel and especially Malkavians...

GameFAQs Q&A

Why does the game freeze whenever i put in a console code? Tech Support2 Answers
Malkavian Whispers List? General3 Answers
Having Lag Issues? Tech Support1 Answer
Taxi in Santa Monica DOES NOT APPEARS??? Tech Support2 Answers
Nosferatu haven? General2 Answers