• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Unofficial Patch 9.3 released!

User Info: wesp5

wesp5
3 years ago#1
Get it from http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/66381 (Germany), http://patches.planetvampire.com/VTMBup93.exe (Canada) or http://patches2.planetvampire.com/VTMBup93.exe (France).

This time the setup has been changed, so now the patch will install itself into a subfolder of the main game directory called Unofficial_Patch and you need to start the game either via the desktop icon or start menu entry or manually using the classic Source mod -game parameter. That way several mods can easily be installed parallel on one vanilla game version! Thanks for this go to Behar, who not only created the Game Mod Loader but included all previous dll fixes into it as well!

The patch also includes two new maps, the Malkavian Maze and the Warrens Shortcut. Special thanks go to Psycho-A for the continuous improvement of the Bloodline SDK which made creating maps possible in the first place. Thanks also go to EntenSchreck who supplied me raw drafts of both maps which I finished in Hammer, to Psycho-A and atrblizzard for optimizing them in several ways and the two older new maps too, and last not least to No_Mercy, who showed no mercy at all discussing each minor detail in all of the new levels that could be improved ;)! And as always to my beta-testers...

v9.3 24.04.2015
----
+Recreated Malkavian Maze and Warrens Shortcut, thanks EntenSchreck.
+All four new levels optimized, thanks to atrblizzard and Psycho-A.
+Improved library quest emails and restored big moon to Ocean House.
+Made tutorial guard and Luckee Star easter egg vanish after scene.
+Fixed blood pack appearing in SM haven and Skelter blocking stairs.
+Improved library and atrium maps and removed Giovanni well spirit.
+Made it possible to do the cemetery quest after getting Romero fun.
+Included eye replacer mod, but made it deselectable, thanks Nivea.
+Added installer option to deselect casting and changed disciplines.
+Corrected beachhouse dog vanishing and dealing damage after death.
+Made auto-move and walk/run toggles be definable, thanks to Malkav.
+Fixed Johansen always following you and Romero's whore trying too.
+Made it possible to freely select one of Beckett's new disciplines.
+Corrected cabbie sewer animation and Venture Tower elevator issue.
Repaired Confession cross and restored dance spot, thanks Psycho-A.
Fixed Plaquebearer quest bug and added all concept arts to Extras.
Made abandoned warehouse bum leave later if you didn't talk to him.
Removed character sheet music overlaying others, thanks Zer0morph.
Fixed three mirrored keycard backsides and centered the area icons.
Improved Grout's wife tube and electronic voices, thanks Psycho-A.
Fixed hostess, Boris, Phil, Johansen, Gimble and LaCroix dialogues.
Made Empire Hotel TV unreactive and prevented invincible Cathayan.
Added museum light, Chinatown newsboxes and fixed minor map issues.
Moved Knox/Bertram XP to Knox dialogue and added pics reflections.
Fixed walk-through columns at Venture Tower and warrens reflection.
Made Igor react to killed allies and heart monitor to dead victim.
Stopped several dialogue NPCs staying tranced after being fed upon.
Restored two cool unused lines for Knox and fixed Venus money bug.
Improved wet reflections and other texture issues, thanks Psycho-A.
Showed Carson's finger and fixed Flynn's eye clip, thanks DDLullu.
Added mod -game loader and improved SDK, thanks Behar and Psycho-A.
Improved Blender scripts and added sheet injector, thanks DDlullu.
Fixed player in Carson cutscene and unlocked door, thanks Psycho-A.

User Info: Rimmer_Dall

Rimmer_Dall
3 years ago#2
wesp5 posted...
+Added installer option to deselect casting and changed disciplines..

I love you.
http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/statistics/Cat
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rimmer7

User Info: CrocMagnum

CrocMagnum
3 years ago#3
Holy Diablo Cow!

MUST PLAY! MUST PLAY!! =D

Honestly words are not enough, but anyway hats off to you Wesp, and all the good souls who made this happen.
- Trust No One!!
- Peace & Food!!

User Info: pizzaman95

pizzaman95
3 years ago#4
Oh wow, there's a mod loader now? Perhaps I should replay this game sooner rather than later.
I'm looking forward to that Malkavian maze and the sewers shortcut.

Thanks for all the work wesp, and everyone else who made this possible.
Accept Sayaka as your new God.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 years ago#5
Thank you wesp5 and everybody else who contributes to the UP :)
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: htf888

htf888
3 years ago#6
Sorry to bother you wesp, but would you mind answering a few questions? I downloaded a previous patch you made and played through the game so first of all thanks for that patch, the game is now one of my favourites.

I have just downloaded and installed this patch and I also decided to go for the 'Plus Patch'. How would I know the plus patch is working? I was also reading there is a SweetFX for the game. Is that included in the patch? If it is do I need to manually activate it or will it activate automatically?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 years ago#7
I'll try to address these questions

htf888 posted...
I have just downloaded and installed this patch and I also decided to go for the 'Plus Patch'. How would I know the plus patch is working?

Well, unless it changed now, if you go to the character creation screen, it should say something along the lines of "Unofficial Patch <version number> Plus" in one of the corners, It was top left, if I recall correctly.

I was also reading there is a SweetFX for the game. Is that included in the patch? If it is do I need to manually activate it or will it activate automatically?

Last time I've played the game, SweetFX had to be activated manually. It was in a folder called Extras.There was a sample configuration to go with it but I don't think it made as much of a difference as I'd liked - I did play around with it but overall it was a minor improvement.

ENBSeries was also included under Extras - I can't remember if I used it or not, though.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: pizzaman95

pizzaman95
3 years ago#8
vlado_e posted...
Well, unless it changed now, if you go to the character creation screen, it should say something along the lines of "Unofficial Patch <version number> Plus" in one of the corners, It was top left, if I recall correctly.

It was changed, it's now in Options under the "Gameplay" tab. It also doesn't tell you if you're using the Plus patch or not anymore.

But you can still find out which version of the patch you're using, just look at your character sheet and see if it uses "Mental" or "Public" in the Feats list. If it says "Public", you're using the Plus patch.
Accept Sayaka as your new God.

User Info: wesp5

wesp5
3 years ago#9
pizzaman95 posted...

But you can still find out which version of the patch you're using, just look at your character sheet and see if it uses "Mental" or "Public" in the Feats list. If it says "Public", you're using the Plus patch.

Another easy way is to check your disciplines, in the Plus Patch you do have Bloodheal.

User Info: Ikzai

Ikzai
3 years ago#10
It just keeps getting better and better.
Poke!
Can you dig it?
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. Unofficial Patch 9.3 released!
  • Topic Archived