• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: devonbirkeneau

devonbirkeneau
12 years ago#1

Alright, I know I'm going to get at least one flame for this one, but here it goes:
This is a game for mature audiences, right? Well, I'm not sure how much trouble it is to fan-mod new characters in, but I think it might add something to the game to have at least two potential Blood Dolls to Seduce in clubs: female and male. It's been pointed out elsewhere that having only the women to hit on and everything, and that playing a male character with high seduction just doesn't get as much milage out of it as do the women.
The Seduction threshold could be set for each gender. Assume the NPC is at least nominally hetero, but will fall for a member of their own gender who has enough Seduction to back up the dialogue options. For instance, instead of the redhead in Asylum showing you her neck if you've got Seduction 2, regardless of gender, perhaps she'd only give it up for a man with two or a woman with four. Likewise, elsewhere, hanging out might be guy you could talk to with the same threshold, but the other way around...
There are tons of NPC models that could be used and possibly re-skinned. Regarding the voices, someone who wanted to put this together shouldn't have too much trouble finding some guy-friends to do a little voice acting. Scripting shouldn't be too tricky. (Don't forget to include a line for a couple of them saying something like "you know, I don't usually go for guys, but..." for when a male character seduces them.) Concepts could be a lot of fun here. You could make the ****c geek-boy, the whiny goth (who might offer to read his poetry), the sleezy lounge lizard, the overworked suit here to get away from the Mrs. for a night (isn't looking to hook up, but might be persuaded ino infidelity), the meaty bouncer who has to keep an eye on things (Resistance: tells women he needs to keep his eyes on the dancefloor but that he gets off in a couple of hours, tells men to keep their hands to themselves...), et c.
Yes, I know. I'm a heterosexual guy who wants his character (male or female) to be able to seduce male NPC's. I'm a role-player first. Let the flames begin. If something interesting arrises out of the fire, it will be worth it. Cheers,

User Info: Flint_a

Flint_a
12 years ago#2
Yeah, it'd be so easy to get a male friend to read "You know, I don't usually go for guys, but..." :P

Personally, I always support more bisexuality in games for either gender. I wouldn't mind some male dolls, even though the concept of dolls is pretty unnecessary in the first place. So a mod just for this would be pointless, and for someone making the "big" mods like wesp's unofficial patch or the Companion Mod, I'd guess this would kinda be a low priority.

User Info: justheretodl124

justheretodl124
12 years ago#3
I'd rather not see this forum swamped with fan girls.

Flint_a
12 years ago#4
EEEEEE! TWILIIIIIGGGGHHHTTTT!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

:P

User Info: justheretodl124

justheretodl124
12 years ago#5
Was that thread large or something? I immediately ignored the OP when I saw attention whorish sig "OMG I'M A GIRL GAMER DEAL WITH IT IT'S NOT LIKE I'M SAYING THIS SO YOU WILL GIVE ME ATTENTION OR ANYTHING"

User Info: Psazum

Psazum
12 years ago#6
EEEEEE! TWILIIIIIGGGGHHHTTTT!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

:P

*joins in excitement*

EEEEEE!!!111111111

*faints*
sig not included

User Info: eminems6

eminems6
12 years ago#7
There is at least one male NPC I know of in this game that you can use as a blood doll. Despite having owned the game for five years, I discovered this last night. After finding out that you can offer to sleep with Romero rather than fetch him a hooker or shoot zombies, I tried it out with my Gangrel. You get 2xp, although there's no quest log for it, as we know. If you go back afterwards, you can ask him for desert... ;) You don't even need to seduce him, he suggests it first if your seduction is high enough. Although you do need to be female.

Flint_a
12 years ago#8
Or have a female companion in CompMod. :P

And yeah, you can ask for "desert" instead of "dessert". Typo in the game. :D

If you don't use guns anyway, sleeping with him is the easiest option and gets you the same xp. Besides, Romero may be a sleazy SoB, but he's not that ugly. :P

User Info: eminems6

eminems6
12 years ago#9
Well, he is the ghoul of a Toreador, I believe.

There are a lot of typos in this game, and far too many times when the subtitles don't match what is actually being said. I've only got v1.2 at the moment, and the spelling is not that great. I am curious about the CompMod, but that might need to wait until after finals...

Flint_a
12 years ago#10
I think the unofficial patch fixes a lot of typos and dialogue errors, but there are SO MANY that all can not be caught. Someone would have to play the game a thousand times with pen and paper and tell wesp exactly where every problem is. Not worth the effort, at all.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A