• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Flint_a

Flint_a
10 years ago#1

Excluding Nosferatu, being a female is so much better. Here I'm going to assume most players are straight guys...cause most gamers ARE straight guys. :P

Female:

1) Seduction is SOOO much more useful. Most NPCs are straight men and even of the few female NPCs, pretty much all of them are bi. For me, it was more useful than both Persuasion AND Dementation.(I'm not even mentioning Intimidation, which is rarely necessary.) And the conversations are therefore more fun.
1a) You can still flirt with all the hot females. You can even have sex with Jeanette. You know what's better than a guy having sex with a crazy gothic schoolgirl? Two crazy gothic schoolgirls having sex with each other.

2) Malkavian, Tremere and Toreador females look good.(Ventrue's too skanky and the others don't look attractive.) I didn't play Toreador and I quit Tremere before I got far cause I wanted to play Malkavian, but they both looked good in their first outfits. Malkavian however seems to pick every outfit from stripper uniforms. First it was the sluttiest schoolgirl outfit ever, then a cowgirl outfit, now a police uniform. Okay, it's L.A. at night, but does no one find it weird at all that someone is walking around in a thong(and little else) carrying a fire axe? I'm certainly looking forward to getting the Body Armor. At this rate I'm expecting a chainmail bikini.

3) If you're on the more skittish side like me, being a different gender will make you feel like it's not happening to you, therefore making you less scared.

Male:

1) Seduction sucks. Plus you get nothing else to make up for it. It's like shooting yourself in the foot statwise. And the conversations are totally less fun.(Though I guess if you're a Malkavian, it'd still be fun enough.)

2) Even if you're attracted to guys(I'm bi), the guys don't really look hot. I suppose Toreador and Ventrue are charismatic, but still. You don't see your own face much, you want someone that looks good from behind. They don't. Look, I love Malkavians, but what's up with that big blue punk dude? He looks like a distant relative of the Munsters. And why is the male Gangrel crawling while the female Gangrel is standing up? Only the male Nosferatu looks better than the female Nosferatu...but that's not much of an improvement. :P

3) Works the other way around, which may be good for some people that like getting scared I suppose, but not me. :P

User Info: FatherMackenzie

FatherMackenzie
10 years ago#2
You know what's better than a guy having sex with a crazy gothic schoolgirl in a video game? Two crazy gothic schoolgirls having sex with each other in a video game.

Fixed.
"Say goodbye to your secret crap!"
-The Scout, Team Fortress 2

Flint_a
10 years ago#3

Hey, I wouldn't come near Jeanette in real life. :P

User Info: Utopiana

Utopiana
10 years ago#4
"The guys don't really look hot"? What planet are you on? Have you not yet basked in the masculine splendour that is Nines Rodriguez? Nines rocks my world!

Incidentally, I agree with you, it is better playing as a female. But the numerous opportunities for lesbian interaction, as opposed to no opportunities for gay male interaction, bothered me. These are the days of equal opportunity, after all. You can definitely tell that this game was made by Straight Males.

User Info: Superbunny101

Superbunny101
10 years ago#5
Haha I do somewhat agree with the OP, and I plan on playing a female char at some point in the future. I did play, and thoroughly enjoyed, a male Toreador. To the post above me, I'm with you 100% - Nines is THE hottest guy in any game I've played. I was damn hoping for some Seducing or sweet guy/guy action with him on that Torrie playthrough, but with maxed Appearance and Subterfuge I still got nothin' :(

I was pleased though with the seduction oppurtinities at the Beach House and in the hospital basement, but I think there was definately some discrimination there in regards to male/male subterfuge interaction, and definatley a need for more. My ideal Torrie char is very Anne Rice-ean; irresistable to any sex!

User Info: AbunaiD

AbunaiD
10 years ago#6
I was mad pissed when I found out Nines was unscrewable. Once I found out that little trick with Jeanette I assumed there would be a male equivalent...alas.

Romero wasn't bad, though. And LaCroix - while a giant **** - is quite good-looking. Pity he's such an ass.
I love Custer's Revenge where he pulls out at the end - CaptainAmerica9 on plot twists

User Info: Psazum

Psazum
10 years ago#7
Incidentally, I agree with you, it is better playing as a female. But the numerous opportunities for lesbian interaction, as opposed to no opportunities for gay male interaction, bothered me. These are the days of equal opportunity, after all. You can definitely tell that this game was made by Straight Males.

if this game was made by gay males, the interaction with everybody's favourite jeanette will be halved since everytime you tell your male character to make a move on jeanette, he will go 'eww' (no offense :)
sig not included

Flint_a
10 years ago#8

You got me wrong! The male PCs don't look as good as the female PCs. As for NPCs, Nines is AWESOME.

LaCroix...eh, he's not bad, but I don't really go for the "blonde a**hole" type. By the way, the male Ventrue PC REALLY looks like him.

And Maximillian Strauss is like a white Morpheus. Pretty charismatic, especially with the voice. :P

I bet Isaac was pretty good-looking when he was young as well.

But PCs...meh. The females are better. :P Except for Gangrel and Nosferatu, the males are better there...but not hot.

And I agree, the game is totally made by and for straight males. Straight: Good, Girl-Girl: Better, Guy-Guy: NOOOOOO! :P It would be better if there was some balance, but oh well. For some reason the world treats girl-girl like it's a hundred times more common and normal than guy-guy.(Okay, the "reason" is that straight males rule the world. :P)

And we should totally be able to bed Nines. :D

User Info: devonbirkeneau

devonbirkeneau
10 years ago#9

I'd thought about running through with a Toreador-boi with maxed SEduction, but it sounds like it's just not worth it... Plenty of blood from seducing hookers and barflies, but yeah, none of the major NPC's are female (or "flexible" LOL), so it wouldn't get you anywhere in the game. Pity.

(Oh, and on behalf of halfway-educated straight men, it would only be fair to make more of the men bi, or, PERISH THE THOUGHT swapped the fem-barflies in the clubs with male longue lizards!!!)

• Topic Archived