• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  3. So Kyle Mannerberg is dead

User Info: ThePreacher7

ThePreacher7
11 years ago#1
From the Eidos forums:

Greetings, Everyone.

It is with great sadness that I present the following information:

Tomb Raider Chronicles has reported that Crystal Dynamics' Kyle Mannerberg passed away on December 18th, 2007 at the age of 29. No additional information is available at this time. His family has established an online memorial to remember him by.

Kyle (whom, along with Jen Fernádez and Richard Lemarchand) was put in charge of LOK after Amy Hennig departed for Naughty Dog. His countless contributions to the world of Nosgoth, Tomb Raider (and other CD projects) have been a valuable asset to the entertainment community and he will be greatly missed.

Our condolences to his family and friends and to his fellow co-workers at CD

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74825

so

Shenmue III, anyone?
UMAH IS A HUGE BIMBO. KAIN ALSO KNOWS THIS
Keep writing. - Kyrra ok lol

User Info: James Mason

James Mason
11 years ago#2
Ouch...

There goes another kep player in the LOK franchise.

The only positive about this is that this divulges the fact that three person were choosen to oversee the LOK series after Amy left... Thus CD really have plans for an eventual sequel.

Hopefully the two remaining designers will be able to continue the work of Amy and Kyle... Man , is LOK cursed or what ?

R.I.P Tony Jay and Kyle Mannerberg... You shall be missed.

Btw, here's a designer diary by Kyle I found on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/lokdefi/news.html?sid=6078211&mode=previews
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain MGO - Stealth Python/MPO - Stealth Cobra

User Info: ThePreacher7

ThePreacher7
11 years ago#3
Jen left the team a while back and I'm pretty sure Richard Lemarchand is the guy who worked with Amy Hennig on Uncharted. I'd be surprised if anyone is working on an LoK game =(
UMAH IS A HUGE BIMBO. KAIN ALSO KNOWS THIS
Keep writing. - Kyrra ok lol

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
11 years ago#4
of those 3 directors, Kyle was the only one left. Jen was the first one to leave a few months after Amy left, followed shortly by Richard who also went to Naughty Dog. So now nobody is directing a new LoK...

RIP Kyle. That really sucks, especially only being 29. =(
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: LOKFanatic

LOKFanatic
11 years ago#5
Very sad news. Rest in Peace, Kyle.

I hope we won't be saying the same for the LOK franchise.
Our futures are predestined. It is fate that I write this and that you read this. Free will is an illusion.

User Info: provett

provett
11 years ago#6
I dunno,I thoght LoK was Dead a LONG while back. This is just another nail in the coffin. I don't see how it can recover.
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy

User Info: renwood

renwood
11 years ago#7
Twenty-nine is far, far too young.
Crap, I have levitation class at 25:131. Better set the alarm to 'cinnamon'.

User Info: LLLL

LLLL
11 years ago#8
I wonder what happened to him.
~King of Ikari~

User Info: Unknown_Origen

Unknown_Origen
11 years ago#9
thats terrible...
the integrety of my sword is more than a match for the meager fermity of your soul.
  1. Boards
  2. Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  3. So Kyle Mannerberg is dead
  • Topic Archived