• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher 4
  3. Comparison to MR2

User Info: ehow22

ehow22
3 years ago#1
So I'm planning to get this later this summer. I've heard most folks claim this and MR2 are the best in the series. My experience is limited to MR2, 30 minutes of EVO and the Monster Rancher Explorer game for GBC(no likeness to simulator) as well as the cartoon.

How does this compare to MR2? I've played that to death and know it fairly well. Just a couple similarities or differences will do. Don't wanna spoil any/many surprises. Thanks in advance.
3DS FC: 5086-2183-6061 Psychic type: Wobbuffet, Grumpig, and Xatu IGN: Ramladu

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
3 years ago#2
Well while in 2 you are only told to be the best trainer and reach the top, in 4 it's the same but with a story in it, kinda a competitor/rival.

You must be aware that some monsters from 2 are not here.

You can train up to five monsters now, although if you want the standard one monster like in 2 is still doable but then certain tournaments can not be entered.

Adventure is real adventure now, not being limited with things like in 2. You can ride your monsters to pass obstacles like lava. Only some monsters have ability for it. Adventure is also the only way to get skills.

Getting monster is not only by changing disc, you can get it from items you get from adventure.

Graphic is better of course.

I've played Evo as well and I can't continue to play. Totally weird. Haven't played 3, but I think I'm not really that interested.
My own path has just begun
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher 4
  3. Comparison to MR2
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Combining? General1 Answer
Pandora disc? General2 Answers
How do you ride on monsters? General5 Answers
Are there any other Pandora Discs besides the game disc itself? General1 Answer
Life span? Build3 Answers