• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher 4
  3. Discussion topic

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
4 years ago#1
I picked this game back up again. I started a new game last week and I just got the S breeder rank. This is farther than I got when I played a few months ago, but I know when the game released I made it at least this far. I feel like there's one more dungeon that is a volcano or something...The guys there kicked my butt because my best monsters had to retire before I could finish the story, and I lost the motivation to play.

Anyway, I wanted to start a general discussion topic. What monsters do people prefer? What training gadgets are good for Power monsters?

I also wonder about efficiency percentages. I have a Jell that can use the Tub gadget and sometimes he'll get 100%. But then he goes to use a level 3 gadget and his success rate is like 60%. What gives? Fatigue/stress/focus etc. all being roughly equal.

I just retired the original Garu, and I'm about to retire a Zuum/Zuum and the Antlan Blue Ranger. They were all great monsters - the Blue Ranger was INT based and only had one really good move, while the Zuum had a couple of decent moves and was POW based. Once they're done, I'll have a Jell and Golem, then I'll have to decide on 1 or 2 more monsters. I usually roll with 4 to have a little bit of option when I go adventuring, but I find 5 monsters to be too much to handle.

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
4 years ago#2
I didn't realize I was so close to the end. I went through the volcano one more time and completed the game.

The Jell that I was using ended up being a great monster, with 500+ in ACC and POW, and 400+ in LIF and DEF. So he was pretty durable and could deal consistent damage. Plus, the Jell has some good physical attacks that require relatively low guts, which makes him great for the tougher battles. Nothing worse than using 50 guts and...missing. He's also great because counters aren't nearly as bad as they are for lower defense characters.

I picked up a Durahan/Joker (Genocider) as my third monster and I'm about to make the Ripper that you get from Final Fantasy X (mixed with ???) since the Jell is 3 years old. I'll need to start combining monsters, though, as I've filled 3 of my freeze slots. Starting a monster at C rank will save a bunch of time so I can ignore those easy fights.

I guess now my only real goal is to fill out the monster book a little more and beat the S rank official competition, just to say that I did it! I also want to raise up a good Tiger, and then try out a couple that I've never used like the Suzurin and RhinoRoller.

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
4 years ago#3
Been so long with this game.

Anyway don't forget to put effect gadget called windrum ( iirc ), then have your training gadgets into its range. Have wonder well to reduce stress also a good idea.

Using lv4 gadget after monsters get rested with full focus no hunger will get you > 90 succes with 100 being best. But, this gadget kinda tire, hunger and reduce focus a lot, you may want to enhance this kind of gadget with medal ( don't remember the name ) that keep monster focus. There are 3 type of medals ; maintain focus, decrease hunger and less tire.

Yup have 3 monsters is the best option. I usually pick 2 of the same type monsters like power type so I can focus with the training.

Power type is easy to train because the lv4 gadgets have the two stat to train in one go, iirc Pow and Def or Def and Pow.

Don't forget that after you finish the story there is adventure + mode.
My own path has just begun
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher 4
  3. Discussion topic
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A