• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher 4
  3. Loving this game

User Info: TheMagician42

TheMagician42
4 years ago#1
I loved MR2 to death and played it so many times. I still play it and it's one of my all time favorite games. I'm sure many of us here feel the same.

I never picked up MR4 though. I did own MR3, it was alright, but MR2 was droves better. Shortly after I sold a lot of my gaming stuff so I didn't even really know MR4 existed.

I eventually bought a lot of the gaming stuff I sold back then, including MR2 of course. Recently I grabbed MR4 after hearing about it for the first time not too long ago.

WOW!

This game improves on so many of the small tedious things from MR2. Things like inventory management, feeding monsters, freezing & combining, training more than 1 monster, ranch management and placement, tournaments on weekends, adventuring, the list goes on. It's spectacular and really fun to play.

The only things I find myself missing from MR2 are some of the monsters like Mock, Centaur, Jill, Undine, Kato, and Gaboo. Also, there are a fair number of monsters that simply looked better in MR2 than they do in MR4. All golems and pixies look strictly better in MR2. Suezos were more light-hearted and mischievous in MR2 (in MR4 suezos just look angry). Joker is too serious looking in MR4 for me. On the other hand, dragons look much better in MR4 than their hunchback equivalents in MR2.

Oh what I would give for a MR game that had MR4's mechanics but all of the monsters missing from MR2! Except for Hoppers...I hate those little jerks.
Richard Dawkins: Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people.
And remember, just because someone is offended, that doesn't mean they're right.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher 4
  3. Loving this game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A