• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Persinian

Persinian
5 years ago#11
cool stuff man... i haven't played mr4 in a long time.. lol kind of want to dust off my copy so to speak and raise my skeleton dragon (i forget the actual monster mix) again.

this site might help a bit.. along with the faqs from gamefaqs

http://www.monster-rancher.com/discus/index.html

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
5 years ago#12
Thanks, I've checked out some stuff on Gamefaqs but it isn't really all that helpful. It doesn't answer the very specific questions. I should double check the manual to see if I can get some more information out of that though.

How long do most monsters live? Is it like 5+ years or do most monsters not quite make it to 5 years? I'm going to just assume I've got about 4 years with each monster. So far, of the two I'm raising other than the Garu, one is pretty solid (Cocadrille - Zuum type) and the other is pretty crappy (Ogyo/Dragon mix). I think my next monster will be either a dragon, if I can find one, or a Golem. I like the Durahans too but I've always raised those and want something different.

I'm wondering - if one monster gets KOed in a dungeon, but when we get back to the ranch, he didn't suffer any injuries, is that ok? Does it hurt his lifespan or anything?

Persinian
5 years ago#13
i honestly dont recall how long they live.. but i believe your right its around 5 years. generally speaking i used to freeze em when they either hit s rank or i got the message from that girl about how "monster" is getting pretty old, you should think about retiring them. or something along those lines..

the site listed on my last post has one of the best cd/dvd lists for monster spawning i've ever seen.

as for the ko effects... i dont remember i havent had a monster get koed on an adventure since my first 2 playthroughs... waaaaaaaay back when. usually i rotate them after every encounter so the lead has a chance to heal, it works really well for me.

hope this helps

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
4 years ago#14
i honestly dont recall how long they live.. but i believe your right its around 5 years. generally speaking i used to freeze em when they either hit s rank or i got the message from that girl about how "monster" is getting pretty old, you should think about retiring them. or something along those lines

I do remember getting the message, and I would save every week after that until the monster finally croaked. There's really not much point in squeezing out the last few weeks though, unless you can get a rank up or go adventuring for a new attack or something. The stat gains for old monsters get pathetically low near the end.

as for the ko effects... i dont remember i havent had a monster get koed on an adventure since my first 2 playthroughs... waaaaaaaay back when. usually i rotate them after every encounter so the lead has a chance to heal, it works really well for me.

I am always smart with rotation, but what happened was my attacks kept missing and then the enemy got one hit on me, and then used an attack before I could swap out. Sometimes the enemy will lock you in and keep attacking, and unfortunately his attacks kept hitting despite being well under 50%. The enemy was strong and took out my monster.

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
4 years ago#15
FooFightersFan posted...
Good tips. There's a lot of stuff I don't know about this game.

Something I've never been clear on is the focus arrows. Sometimes they are pointed to the left and sometimes they are pointed to the right. What does that indicate?

I actually started a new game to get the Antlans at each stage. They have good stats and they are cool little guys so I may raise one at one point. Right now I've got a Zuum/Gitan, Ogyo/Dragon, and the Garu going. The Ogyo/Dragon is not turning out to be very good. It started with high intelligence but it doesn't have any good intelligence skills yet. Definitely need to do more adventuring...

Yeah, that arrow thing is the one still bug me until now, I still couldn't figure out between right and left. But, afaik as long as it stays at least 4, monsters tend to have great training. > 90 %.

Kinda miss the game, too bad my console seems find it hard to read the disc.
I'm living

Persinian
4 years ago#16
FooFightersFan posted...

I am always smart with rotation, but what happened was my attacks kept missing and then the enemy got one hit on me, and then used an attack before I could swap out. Sometimes the enemy will lock you in and keep attacking, and unfortunately his attacks kept hitting despite being well under 50%. The enemy was strong and took out my monster.

ouch man i think that does happen every now and again... the comp can hit with some pretty bad accuracy percentages... need moar training....i don't know if you tried this... but if you have a high level monster take it with your lower level and have it lead off.... that should take some of the edge off

i've been thinking about the ko thing and i think its supposed to reduce lifespan but i can't confirm it haven't really tried testing the idea
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Combining? General1 Answer
Pandora disc? General2 Answers
How do you ride on monsters? General5 Answers
Are there any other Pandora Discs besides the game disc itself? General1 Answer
Life span? Build3 Answers