• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Nitro Kart
  3. The 50 boosts help + tip topic!

User Info: Tweester

Tweester
13 years ago#1
I know a lot of people have problems with accomplishing the 50 boosts. Here is some help and tips for you to accomplish this...

First off you need to know how to do the power slide. The power slide is the key factor when accomplishing this task. I recommend you to go to Meteor Gorge to practice power sliding.

To perform a power slide, first you must drift to the right or left with one of the shoulder buttons (L1 or R1). You know you are doing it right when you see a gauge. When you see the gauge, then you must press the opposite shoulder button. (For example: I used L1 to drift left so I would use R1 to drift right.) You must do this three times while you're drifting. Soon you will get a number at the top that says "3 BOOSTS". Make sure you keep powersliding to increase the number, or else you will have to start over. Yes, the power slide is complicated and takes practice.

As for the 50 boosts, I have two strategies to help complete this task. First off make sure you are in adventure mode. Second off, make sure you are trying to get the character you want.

Crash Team = Pura
Cortex Team = Fake Crash

Use any character you are comfortable with. I reccomend you go into a time trial race to do this, since you won't have to worry about AI interference. Make sure its Adventure Mode also! Anyways...

STRATEGY #1: Go to Meteor Gorge. MG has a lot of hill which make a great place to power slide. You should practice with MG first to complete it though. Just avoid that big hill with the "X" box and that short-cut over the lava. They might throw you off.

STRATEGY #2: This one is a little different then the above one. Go to Deep Sea Driving. Go into the tube with the fans. The tube is circular so you can drive anywhere. Start power sliding around the tube. When you do that try to avoid the fans. If you hit one, then start over.

AFTER YOU DO THE 50 BOOSTS...MAKE SURE YOU PASS THE FINISH LINE!

If you need any help, ask away! :D
"Bob, wheres yo mind at?" - Mark Wilkins from Resident Evil Outbreak
http://s12.invisionfree.com/Mario_Party_Fans/index.php

User Info: Mario maniac

Mario maniac
13 years ago#2
Nice job. Are you going to get this stickied?
Show every release date, GameFAQs!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=26248034

Tweester
13 years ago#3
I am going to wait until this gets more posts since I doubt they sticky after like 5 posts. :P
http://s12.invisionfree.com/Mario_Party_Fans/index.php

User Info: Groggar

Groggar
13 years ago#4
Yeah, I got my 50 boosts using Tiny/ Crunch on Deep Sea Driving. The only hard part is not getting hit by the obstacles in the course.

User Info: PhazonDaxter

PhazonDaxter
13 years ago#5
Tweester/REO.....
how goes the quest for completion Im patiently waiting :-p
---

Tweester
13 years ago#6
^ I have made no progess.... :-/
Join the Mario Party Fans board today! *link in quote*

User Info: McAzerty

McAzerty
13 years ago#7
2 hard, will never get 50 boosts

Tweester
13 years ago#8
Yeah, it took me a lot of tries to get use to it.

Keep practicing the power slide.

User Info: cartoonwachter

cartoonwachter
13 years ago#9
Thanks, dude! I got 50 boosts during my first try. Thanks again!

Tweester
13 years ago#10
First try? Impressive! I am glad it helped, BTW.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Nitro Kart
  3. The 50 boosts help + tip topic!
  • Topic Archived