• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  3. Ace Bunyon can go straight to hell!

User Info: FiggoFiggy

FiggoFiggy
2 years ago#1
I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on this. Getting those Platinum Bolts in Feltzin System, Hrugis Cloud, and Gorn are hands down a big pain in the rear. And yeah, The first and third are not that bad. With a little practice and patience, they can be overcome. But holy buckets if Hrugis Cloud wasn't the worst part of the whole game.

Yeah, it's not unbeatable, and I should know that because tonight I finally showed Ace Bunyon who's boss. I swear the Hrugis Cloud race was the bane of my existence for quite some time. It is, hands down, my least favorite part of the whole game. The hover bike races are a close second. I may be alone on this, but I find the controls a bit TOO sensitive.

It is really easy to overshoot or undershoot a ring and have to restart. Keeping ahead of Ace Bunyon was never a problem for me, but that may be because I made sure to grind for raritainium to upgrade my ship. And heck, if you reset the mission too many times, the rings start to vanish. So you had to fly to another planet and come back to reset it. This is when Ace Bunyon pulled the biggest low blow that has ever been given to me by a video game character. while the game is saving, my PS3 crashes, which corrupted the save. Had I known that there was a way to fix that on the PS3, I could have saved my file. MONTHS AND MONTHS of Progress gone! I had all the weapons, all the armor, all the skill points. I was gonna get the platinum bolts and then fight the final boss and replay the game on challenge mode.

It was a long time before I finally picked up Going Commando again. Now I'm in challenge mode with all the weapons, with just a small handful left to upgrade, and FINALLY beat Ace Bunyon on all three levels...now I'm gonna skip to the hover bike races as those are my least favorite skill points to get. After that, I'll go planet to planet getting the remaining platnium bolts and skill points, finish upgrades my weapons, and finish Challenge mode before finally moving on to Up Your Arsenal.

Whoa, that was way longer than I wanted it to be. Thanks for reading if you're still with me. I really needed to get that off my chest. The moral of this story, children? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, ACE BUNYON?!
Just your average player of crappy games.
  1. Boards
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  3. Ace Bunyon can go straight to hell!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers