• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dereksonic22

dereksonic22
5 years ago#1
I Wanna know if i should get this Game. I Have a Demo on Official U.S. Playstation Magazine Issue 73, it Has 4 Levels. And i Seem to have Mixed Feelings about it. The Game was Very Hard and that Makes me mad about. But on the Other hand the game Seems to look like its going to Have lots Of Content. And i like Variety of Content. So i have No Idea if i should Get it or Not. What do you Think?

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
5 years ago#2
Yes. Difficulty isn't too bad. I would say fair. It's not really going out of it's way to punish you, if that's what you're worried about.

Though I would recommend playing the original first and going through in order. I believe there's a PS3 remake that has the original 3 bundled together.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: falconesque

falconesque
5 years ago#3
Also, thanks for turning off Whatever Is Capitalizing So Many Words. Very hard to read.

Seconded, start with Ratchet & Clank (RNC) if you possibly can. Going Commando builds on what's introduced in RNC.

If you have a PS3, an HD collection was issued that includes both titles, plus a third. Read about that collection's availability here:

www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/663930-ratchet-and-clank-collection/data
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
5 years ago#6
game is not hard at all but very fun. I'm playing it right now and wonder why I never played it before. Awesome game.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
(message deleted)

User Info: Satan915

Satan915
5 years ago#8
LinkPrime1 posted...
Yes. Difficulty isn't too bad. I would say fair. It's not really going out of it's way to punish you, if that's what you're worried about.

Though I would recommend playing the original first and going through in order. I believe there's a PS3 remake that has the original 3 bundled together.

Well, I think the first one is the hardest because Ratchet can't strafe, he's slower at swinging his wrench and can't even move while he throws it, and it takes him longer to accelerate to running speed. Plus you can barely increase your health, there's not as many checkpoints, and most of the weapons aren't as devastating as in the later games.
If you want to start easy, start with the 2nd game (Going Commando). Only problem is you might feel spoiled later once you go back and play the first game. The 3rd game is around the same difficulty as the 2nd game, maybe a little harder towards the end and in challenge mode.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
5 years ago#9
Good points, but I feel that starting off with the first you won't feel that way, because it's your first experience with the series. Changes your perspective on how you view it.

It's basically "The second and third games are easier than the first." vs "The first game is harder than the second and third." You get me?
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: RSmit

RSmit
5 years ago#10
IMHO starting with the second game is a really bad idea as GC introduces so many improvements over the first game that it isn't funny anymore. Playing the first after playing the second will really feel like you're missing so much.

tl;dr: Much better to enjoy the many improvements when you play GC after you've played the first game.
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers