You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Should I let my brother play Mother 3?
Moe_Blob 5 months ago#1
My brother is a (highly mature) 10 year old who has played Earthbound, as well as other pegi-12 games such as ace attorney and undertale. I can't be entirely certain of what content is in Mother 3 so can anyone confirm whether it would be okay for him? Thank you!
Mover_of_Zigs 5 months ago#2
As the dad of an 11 year old, I would say absolutely yes.

It's been probably 12 years since I've played it, so I forgot a lot of specifics, but I don't recall anything more "mature" than Earthbound really. It's just maybe better at playing one's heartstrings.
Some people get weird about the Magypsies because if LGBTQ vibes or whatever, but they're harmless.

And also, if you have a good relationship with your brother, it might make the story resonate with him that much more.
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.
(edited 5 months ago)
lindaluv 1 week ago#3
no. its a terrible game.. dont understand the cult following it has. Go play the Summon Night games or the Boktais
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
lindaluv posted...
no. its a terrible game

Any particular reason you feel that way?
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.
Probably a bad one.

Whether Mother 3 is appropriate or not depends, but if he's played through games involving death like the Ace Attorney series he can probably handle the thematic elements here.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Should I let my brother play Mother 3?

GameFAQs Q&A