• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Combos on Android emulator

User Info: JPTiger

JPTiger
1 year ago#1
I see some folks have had luck getting the timing to work with combos with flashcarts and certain PC emulators on specific settings. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with emulators on Android. I realize it's not necessary, but I'd like to play with them if it's an option.

I'm currently using "My Boy!" on default settings, though turning maximum frameskips to zero and speed hack off doesn't seem to help. Anyone else been able to get it working?

Thank you!

User Info: Mover_of_Zigs

Mover_of_Zigs
1 year ago#2
Hmm...I'm not very good at timing it myself because I'm rhythm deficient, but I did get it to work with My Boy! on my Pixel 3 with max frameskip on 2 and speed hack on. Also tried it with 0 frameskip and speed hack off and it also worked. Not sure how beefy of a system you need for it to work properly though.
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.

User Info: JPTiger

JPTiger
1 year ago#3
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S9 myself, so I wouldn't expect it to be hugely different from a Pixel 3. Any tips on timing?

User Info: Mover_of_Zigs

Mover_of_Zigs
1 year ago#4
All I can offer in the way of tips is try hitting the button at different parts of the beat. Try onbeat, offbeat, upbeat, downbeat...
It took me quite a few tries, but once I did get it I could do it consistently enough that I was satisfied it was working as intended.

And from what I understand the Galaxy S9 has slightly better specs than my phone so that shouldn't be an issue. I was using touch controls, so not sure if there's slight input lag when using a bluetooth controller.
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Combos on Android emulator
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A