• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. RE: Speculation: Mother 3/Earthbound 2 in TGA 2018

User Info: Mover_of_Zigs

Mover_of_Zigs
1 year ago#1
Hate to break it to anyone holding out hope, but Reggie's "talk to me in a year" comment was referring to Metroid, and Metroid alone.

Reggie said:
Oh, so earlier today I got asked about Mother 3; maybe you can ask me about Metroid.

He flat-out said he didn't want to talk about Mother 3, and signaled that he was going to talk about Metroid instead.

Look, again, I am proud as an executive with Nintendo to say that we look at all of the boards and all of the comments and we really have a good understanding of what our consumers want. And believe me, we take that to heart as we work to create content.
So I have nothing to announce - here.

Okay, well there's maybe the tiniest sliver of hope in that one word, but it may depend on his inflection or tone of voice... He's acknowledging that they are aware of demand, and it does seem like he's still referencing Mother 3 and its vocal fanbase, but by "nothing to announce - here" does he mean he has nothing to say about Mother 3 at this time, or just nothing to announce on the subject at all.

But we are aware that there are some key IP that consumers just can't wait for the next true instalment in that franchise's legacy. Suffice it to say, we're aware of it, and talk to me in a year and let's look back and see what's happened.

Now with this "IP's next true installment" talk he is most definitely talking about Metroid, and this is when he says to check back in a year.

Mother 3 is my favorite vidya game of all the times, and I'd love to see it on the Switch or something, but while he stopped short of concretely shooting it down, Reggie does seem to get rather annoyed when asked about Mother 3. I just don't see it happening.
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. RE: Speculation: Mother 3/Earthbound 2 in TGA 2018
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 13 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 69 Questions (69 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A