• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Oh, Mother 3 Where Art Thou

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
2 years ago#71
mother 3 Gamers, how's it going?

My Team's Levels Are:

Lucas -- 68

Kumatora -- 64

Duster -- 62

Boney -- 69

I also have for Mystical Stick and Awesome Crown for Lucas; Kuma is in the Mystical Gloves and Heavy Charm, Duster in the Mystical Shoes, and well Boney, the Otter Hat and Striped Collar.

Hago...
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: shocktherapist

shocktherapist
2 years ago#72
Golden_Torizo posted...
mother 3 Gamers, how's it going?

My Team's Levels Are:

Lucas -- 68

Kumatora -- 64

Duster -- 62

Boney -- 69

I also have for Mystical Stick and Awesome Crown for Lucas; Kuma is in the Mystical Gloves and Heavy Charm, Duster in the Mystical Shoes, and well Boney, the Otter Hat and Striped Collar.

Hago...

Good how about you? Did you get any of the pendants in Saturn Valley? If so equip one to Boney as they are the only misc he can equip last time I checked.
Mother 3 fanboy, Lucas main, and all around trash.

Golden_Torizo
2 years ago#73
Hi shocktherapist, thank you for the 411 I'll look into it, and check my stored items or go back to Saturn Valley.

Meanwhile posts #69 and 70 were what I needed your input on. :) Or anyone's who knows that Zombie Shroom.

Thanks Hago :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

Golden_Torizo
2 years ago#74
Ultimates???

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/914622-mother-3/46144359

@shocktherapist, I will purchase this Thunder Pendant but it lowers Boney at this point. So it goes in his items not equipped.

Thanks... Hago

Golden_Torizo
2 years ago#75
Hello Mother 3 Gamers, how is your Taco Tuesday going? *shrugs* I didn't know until the other day when I heard it on a game show.

Anyway, I have completed my run of Mother 3. So this is the first game in that series, is it? Is that why there is no Warping. The game meanders back and forth like a caged tiger. So newcomers be prepared to recover ground. Or is revisit a better term? The game def is not the same visually as Earthbound or Mother. Wait so is this the 3rd game? Really? Okay, Maybe it was done first and just labelled as Mother 3.

I am doing a repeat of the game very soon because I didn't get one sprite at all. That darned Zombie Shroom. Also, though I got the Knights in the hallway, I never got the Knight's Armor and Sword to join him in battle so I don't have that sprite. Do I need it particularly? I being serenaded by a loop of "Chasing Cars" laid over clips from CMBYN and just in heaven. Makes yesterday (7.16.'18) seem like a Ferris Wheel ride on a spring day.

Bot... so this game is very slow to unfold and because of the more than huge amount of dialogue it never seems to catch up. One wonders how you'll get to the end. However, we do. And a typical Mother Series ending it is. The colors in this one are sort of off from the other games and the graphics also. That why I wonder if this might have been the first game or at least if the same team did all of them.
I tried to play with the notes but failed. So I can't really comment on the music. All enemies had their own songs I believe. Maybe some used the same, but you could wallop them to the beat of their music. Yeah, me too! The battle were epic if you didn't level high enough to just thrash the enemy. Luckily for me. I'm a thrasher. :D And do get all the rare enemies.

There is one in the first forest (you'll be here many times in the game) that if found and killed enough times will allow you to get 16 or more PSI abilities at one point in the game early on. So go for it

There is a sor of side qest to the game that is annoyingly fun. Getting all the back and front sprites for all the enemies that have a back sprite. A few like bosses don't so make that a play and learn the ways of getting the sprites.

The characters are charming. Mother series characters tend to e rather true to life in dialogue. This game doesn't fail to do the same. As I mentioned earlier, there is a ton of dialogue to this game. Foe LPers there is one character who will give about 10 minutes of consecutive dialogue alone. Yup!

The end... wait until you see! this one I will give a slow burning 3.8 stars. That just for me. I liked the other games in the series better.

I'll likely post my end game stats later. My levels were from 81 to 85.

If you missed this run perhaps you'll get in on the next one in a few days. We'll likely just continue from this Thread. So join in. Thanks to all what joined me for this run.

Have a great one! :)

Golden_Torizo
2 years ago#76
This one is about to close Mother 3 gamers, however, another play is underway . Thanks again for dropping by.

Hago! :)

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
2 years ago#77
you can go back to most dungeons to get missed equipment or sprites. you can go back to the island with the zombie dog after you clear the area so you can get any sprites you missed.

Golden_Torizo
2 years ago#78
Hello Mother 3 Gamers, how's it going?

Hello @Lockeadon, how are you? So some areas will be closed off after you do ClubTitiboo the first time. I think it was you can't go back the way you came through there. I hope I have my areas right. Someone says the tower is being repaired or something.

Zombie Dog... wait do you mean the island with the Zombie Shroom? If so how do you get back there Lockeadon? I tried going into the water and off course there is no boss fight to dispatch you to the island. How do you get back there?

My first play through as I mentioned I followed lancer's LP and we both did the same darned thing yet he was able to Eat those mushrooms before beating the shroom and still end up with the ZS in his Battle Memory. I asked him how the heck he did it and he couldn't recall. I saw that his only was was likely to use his save frog to redo the thing. I never used the save frog because of how I play. I don't think the frog saves work with me. Anyway, I will be much more careful this time. I am a few areas away from that island and I don't intend to miss the ZS this time.

Thanks Lockeadon...

Hago :)

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
2 years ago#79
you just have to keep going till you get there
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Oh, Mother 3 Where Art Thou
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A