• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Advice before I start a "complete" run?

User Info: Link484

Link484
1 year ago#1
Okay, so Sword of Mana was one of my favorite games from my childhood. Now I am playing Seiken Densetsu 3, and after that, I might replay this one, preferably with a 100% completion.

I have a few questions, though. I need to know what exactly is there that can be done. First things first, I am not interested in the best gear, which I hear requires tens of hours of farming crystals. No thanks. I also don't consider getting all black enemies as part of 100% (just as I wouldn't count the shiny Dex in Pokémon or those 1/1024 chance rare items in FF4), neither maxing all skill levels. I also have no access to linking.

So... how long and how reasonable is to do... everything else? HLTB lists it as 41 hours for "completionist", but that data is taken only from 2 people, and completion is somewhat subjective (as you can see in my previous paragraph, too).

What else...

1. So there are 33 quests, right? That seems fairly obvious, except that I read that one of them requires linking. I might as well just skip that, is the rest reasonable?

2. There are the spirit upgrades, to get multiples of each (max 8). Now, how long should that take, and how boring is it? Some of them seem easy, but some need farming for coins, sooooo... is that manageable?

3. Missables. This thread lists them:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914616-sword-of-mana/69632959
Can someone absolutely confirm if this is all? Missables are a completionist's worst enemy.

4. The class thing... So the general advice is to use a thief / ninja class because it supposedly makes farming for items easier. Now, does that mean they get a higher drop rate for rare items (and if so, how big is the difference), or only that more "OK"s appear in the chest ring? Otherwise, I'd much prefer a class with higher attacking power...

5. Anything else I might need to know?
Xbox Live Gamertag: Szabu991
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Advice before I start a "complete" run?
  • Topic Archived