• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 years ago#41
I checked faq and I'm only past halfway....
:/
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#42
Well, then I likely will finish it first. No problem. However, I was marking my progress based on the map list at vgmaps and was surprised how quickly I got to/through the last few, so was closer to the end than I previously thought. Where exactly are you currently?

As for me, played a little but today. Have collected a few of the chests in the Temple, but haven't made it that far overall. I don't think. Haven't done more than a few rooms anyway. But, a little bit at a time and before I know it, I'll be at the end. How many days that takes, though, that's another question.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
3 years ago#43
From the faq....
Around ch. 7 or 8.....
There's about 14 ch.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB

skater43
3 years ago#44
Okay. 14 chapters, so I guess you're looking at Shdwrlm3's guide. Which would put you about in the Jadd Desert/Devuis Manor area, which, yeah, would prolly be about halfway. Though you're getting into the part where things went pretty fast and furious and I found myself quickly going from area to area and onto the next task. Well, other than getting bogged down in the Subland River. Still don't know if I just missed that last hole/spout or talking to the old guy in Lorimar was the trigger, but a head's up on that part. Any other help, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#45
Hi again Aramis and Athos... cheering you two on from the sidelines. I may yet take on this game someday. But not right now for sure. or this month. I'm bogged down in Wonder Boy in Monster World. But I've got my trekking partner back for Lagoon, and thank you skater43 for having mercy on me. :) I appreciate it and you for your support. I'll try and reciprocate.

FFA was fun for me so I hope you two are having fun with SoM.

Porthos out... :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: StarryKnights

StarryKnights
3 years ago#46
I've played this 4 times. I have never finished it. I see no point. The game is not fun.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." ~ Leonard Nimoy

gamemaster712
3 years ago#47
My time is again limited....
Extra work shifts does have setbacks.

Fast and furious I like, I'm the ninja master!!!!
I will wreck many!!!

skater43
3 years ago#48
Go Ninja, go Ninja, go! (and yes, it is time we stop, collaborate, and listen. And yes, I think I've put in enough Vanilla Ice references for one post. Stop that train, I want to get off)

As for me, think I've about explored most/all the Mana Temple so just need to make my way to the end. Currently doing a little grinding. Level 61 and I'll prolly go to 62. My spear is level 46 and I'm thinking about taking that to 50, but we'll see. Axe is 25 or so, so I might kick that up to 30, just in case this boss is also immune to spears. We'll see.

skater43
3 years ago#49
And so, once again, the world is safe for democracy and we have peace in our time. And we did it all before bedtime. Or something along those lines. Anyway, finished this up a little bit ago. Ended up grinding my spear to level 50 and axe to 30, which got me to level 63 (since you can't see your class levels except on level up, I'm going off memory here, but think my final levels were Warrior 15, Monk 27, Magician 5, Sage 5, Thief 10. Know the last three are right, but might be off a level on the top two). Miss Deadweight lived up to her name providing no assistance in the final battles (in fact, it looked like the final boss was immune to her staff). Though along the way, she did change her name to Miss Plotpoint. But useless in the fights. Stuck with my tried and true strategy of stab repeatedly with the spear, and then, stab some more. Getting turned into a snowman was kind of annoying because it took away from stabby time, and I did have to heal some throughout the battles (used 30 MP, so cast heal 10 times in the two battles. Wisp at level 27 helped a lot), but wasn't really worried about developing a more thought out plan. I think the final boss changes colors/attacks and at one point was taking 0 damage from my spear, but that didn't last long and he went back to taking full damage. I don't know if the spear's reach helped in the final fight, if he can't be reached with, say, the axe or sword, because I didn't try, but was happy with my weapon of choice.

And so, this concludes this playthrough. Now that I've beaten it, I plan to look at the class guide, see how I was able to accidentally become an Aesir and see how close I was to a spiffier spear class (if there is one). Did plant a couple of seeds but never tempered any of my weapons. Forged them a couple of times, so they were stronger than default, but didn't bother with tempering. Quite a few things were left unfinished. Never did hand out all the fliers in Wendell: couldn't find anyone to take the last one. Gave some fruit to the dwarf in Ishe I think it was, but never got my reward. Only found 4 of the geodes. Some guy, also in Ishe I think, wanted glowworms or something, never found any. Got a set of gold armor I think, but don't remember who wanted it. Someone else wanted a mask I never found. Bought the dudbear but he didn't do anything for me. Collected several pieces of dudbear gold, but never found a use for them. Filled most of Lil Cactus' diary, but there are prolly 20 or so entries I missed. Missed one of the entries in Popori's memos as well. Bunch of monsters, but not sweating those. Never got any Amigos or heard anybody talk about them/where to get them. Somebody wanted all the elemental coins or icons and I found/got all 8 of both, but don't remember who wanted them, so didn't turn them in. So a lot to look into for future playthroughs. I do play to go through this again, this time as Miss Deadweight Plotpoint Heroine, just to see her storyline and see how her game differs, but not right away. Busy the next few days, then working on going through Lagoon with G_T. But at some point we'll play this again. Meantime, I wish gm the best of luck as he forges on as time permits. Any questions, issues, etc., fire away and I'll see what I can do to help.

Overall, I enjoyed this game. There's a lot to it if you want to take the time (leveling all weapons/elements way up, forging/tempering, combining seeds, all the sidequests), but the core game is fine by itself. I see a lot of similarities, obviously, to the style and mechanics of Secret of Mana, so I'm curious how FFA plays in comparison. I'm told that game has a chocobo, obviously added to go with the FF name, but want to see what they did with magic/the elements/etc. So, maybe I'll run through that after Lagoon, then come back to this. Or, more than likely, get distracted by some other game. We'll see.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#50
Square Enix having a sale and I plan to get legend of mana soon....
Maybe we can try that or alundra....
I'll finish this quest soon enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work
  • Topic Archived