• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#31
Let me know when you get back to this, maybe I can help you get to the tower.

Actually, no, I didn't know ninja master (and other classes) are basically permanent. Haven't looked at the class guide, so I'm just kinda winging it. But this prolly means Aesir is my top class, basically upgrading from barbarian, so that's prolly my permanent class. Which works for me. Once I beat this, I plan to look at the guide, see how I did and see about going through it again, paying attention to where I put my levels to try for a particular class.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 years ago#32
You should've hit Odin or star lancer already....
I check the guide if needed to see what you need for the final class.
Time to find that tower.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#33
And two bosses got whopped.....
Now to keep going after devius demise.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB

skater43
3 years ago#34
Work and stuff, so still making my way through the Rockies. Looks like there's going to be a lot of weapon swapping here as enemies are immune to various weapons. Be nice if you could just swap with the L and R buttons like the MegaMan X games, but oh well. Hope to finish this area tonight then see where we go from here.

As for levels/class, I just leveled up, so can tell you how many levels I have in each class. Not interested at this point at knowing how close/far I am to a final class, but you'll be able to see where I am. So, have 14 ranks in Warrior, 21 in Monk, 4 in Magician, 3 in Sage, and 8 in Thief. Seems like putting a couple of levels in the magic classes is what got me class changes before, so I'm going to put a couple more ranks in each (maybe level 5 each for now) and see what happens. Having a little extra magic power/defense won't hurt either.

Good luck as you press on, gm, looks like you'll be catching up with me in no time (or have already).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

skater43
3 years ago#35
Found me a good sticking point here in the Rockies and the Subland River. Spent some time going back to Ishe to see if there were any clues there, but no dice. Did sell a moondrop for 1000 gold and bought me a Dudbear, as well as made my way to a Ruined Passage, but none of those helped me get past the River. Tonight, I decided to head back to Lorimar, just to see if that would help. I don't know if it did or not. Talked to a guy who was apparently a ruffian back in the day, got some dialogue from him I hadn't seen before. Went back to Subland River and found a spout/hole in the wall I'd not opened yet. I don't know if I'd just missed seeing it before, or it didn't appear until I talked with the gentleman in Lorimar, but that was the piece of the puzzle I was missing to continue. So, I pressed on, discovered Final Fantasy isn't the only game with robots falling from/near waterfalls and whipped the second biggest squid I've ever seen (I've played Paper Mario. Blooper was pretty big in that) and have now entered the Subsea Volcano. According to one of the maids of Lorimar, I need to be poking things with my sword, which is unfortunate because I have stronger weapons, but it'll work. So, Ministrel Boy and I will have a hot time on the town tonight, or under the town I guess, or under the sea, or wherever this volcano actually is, as we continue our way forward.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#36
Been slacking....
Not enough time with current work schedule and other games to play.

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#37
Hi Guys,,, Aramis, Athos... enjoying the game I hope. Yeah gm, we won't hold that against you. You've gotta do you man. Do you!

Meanwhile, I am down to the final two pieces of the Wonder Boy in Monster World, Genesis version, puzzle. I should be done by monday evening or so. depending on the work I put into it. If you guys haven't played this one, give it a go sometime. :)

Porthos out... Enjoy your Solem Sunday everyone.
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

skater43
3 years ago#38
I hear ya, gm. Only so many hours in a day.

G_T, congrats on making it so far on Wonder Boy. Good luck on that last little bit.

As for me, I'm nearing the end of this. Minstrel Boy and I smacked around the dragon in the Volcano and grabbed us a rusty sword (do Mana swords come in any other variety?). Grabbed Heroine and made our way to the Sealed Cave. Wiped the floor with the Grim Reaper dude. After careful deliberation and planning, I decided to go with a "pull out spear and stab repeatedly" strategy. Dude was dead in literally seconds. However, despite my promise to always protect her, I wasn't able to kill him fast enough to save Heroine and she died in the battle. They just don't make Heroines like they used to. But we continued on through the Ruined Passage, nothing too exciting in there and made our way to Dime Tower (which must have cost a pretty penny to build. With help from various quarters). Marshalled our troops so to speak and climbed our way to the top. Seems like the clues were more cryptic than they needed to be, or were trying to get players to overthink. I know I was writing them down thinking they would be leading to something in the future, when I figured out I'd already completed the first 4 or 5. Had to modify my boss strategy, here, though. Boss was immune to spears, so I couldn't stab him repeatedly. Instead, I had to pull out my axe and chop him repeatedly. Fortunately, my axe is pretty powerful and at a fairly high level (20 or 21, spear is over 30), so the drop off in damage wasn't too much. This fight lasted 10s of seconds, though, instead of seconds (overleveled? No way), but Robot didn't die (I like him. Has lots of HP and his attack does damage to undead things). So, we're currently at the top of the Tower, ready to head to the Mana Sanctuary and infinity and beyond. Busy all day tomorrow, but I'm hoping to play some more tonight and maybe finish this bad boy up on Wednesday. No promises, though.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#39
First time I took longer to finish a game than you guys...

skater43
3 years ago#40
Well, I haven't beaten this just yet. Hope to finish it up the next couple of days. Have completed the Mana Sanctuary, however, so just have the Temple left. Didn't have too many issues getting through the Sanctuary with the looping paths and such. Miss having Robot, though. He did more damage and could take a hit better than Heroine. And there were some enemies that were immune to her staff. But, we managed (or, I managed and dragged her along). However, for the first time in a long time, perhaps ever, in this game, I died on a boss. Usual strategy of "walk up to them and swing wildly" didn't work like normal. Problem being that the boss Stopped me a few times so I was little more than a sitting duck. Also discovered he was immune to spears, but that only cost me a couple of swings (as stated, my axe is pretty powerful so is my go-to weapon for enemies immune to spears. Off hand, I can't think of any enemies, other than undead which are immune to all weapons, that are immune to spears and axes, so between those two weapons, I can make short work of pretty much everything). So, I took advantage of having to go back to my last save to explore the Sanctuary a little more, go up another level and give the boss another shot. Much better the second time through. Started off with the axe equipped, so that saved a couple seconds maybe. Old habits die hard (as do most of the enemies I come across), so went with a pretty reckless strategy again. This time, though, the boss didn't Stop me at all, so he was dead in mere seconds, like most of the others. Sometimes it's just about luck and timing. Anyway, at the entrance of the Temple with Deadweight, I mean, Heroine, ready to see what that's all about and as I said, hopefully finish things up tomorrow or Friday.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work
  • Topic Archived