• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#11
Happy Birthday gamemaster712, I pray all your desires are God's blessings upon your life.

I do wish you guys luck with the game. I see it plays more as a combo of FFA and FF. In FFA you do get tag-a-longs but they drop off and are replaced often. I haven't checked to see if the game is playable yet. Doing my own grinding in FFMQ(Final Fantasy Mystic Quest). Unlike you two I have no problem with being over leveled. My problem comes when enemies get the better of me.

C'YA... :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 years ago#12
Welp.
Iwata died....
Gonna play some generation 2 Pokemon....
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: ghettoraider81

ghettoraider81
3 years ago#13
Tag! Thanks for the message, look forward to reading the logs.
Win, lose, or tie Oakland Raiders til I die! WHY'S THE RUM GONE!
S.M.O.K.E my anti sXe

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#14
Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play the last couple of days. Hope to tomorrow. Played errand boy in Wendel though I still have one flier to deliver. No one seems to want it now, so I think I'll try coming back later and see if the town changes any/some one new comes along. But did get a dwarf to decide that being a dwarf isn't so bad after all. I don't know if he's necessary for forging/tempering stuff or will later make me The Ultimate Weapon or anything, but he's with his other dwarf buddies for now. I'm currently on my way to Gaia where, according to one girl in Wendel, the rocks are alive. We shall see. Was down to 3 out of 8 being okay on traps, and seems like every chest dropped was trapped, so put another rank into Thief and plan to add a couple more. We'll see if that's enough to change my class or not. If not, hope I get a lance soon to take advantage of my Barbarian +5 to lances. But if not, well, we'll go with it and see about selecting/playing for different classes on the next playthrough.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

skater43
3 years ago#15
Well, progress is being made. Took me a but to get into Gaia's Facade, but eventually managed. Hero said at one point that maybe I ought to go back to town to check things out and I don't know if that triggered the way opening to the dwarves, or I just was walking in the wrong spot in earlier attempts to head that direction, but I did meet the dwarves, Watts and I found our lifetime supply of mithril. Watts is now residing in a cactus and I've had him upgrade my weapons. Used Balboa wood or something on my bow and the power jumped from 1 to 12, so that was a pretty good upgrade. Upgraded most of my armor as well. Ran around with Cibba and was disappointed that the next weapon acquired was knuckles, rather than the spears/lances the Realm soldiers were using. Still putting most of my levels in Warrior or Monk, with a few in Thief, so still a barbarian, and still hoping to use that +5 bonus to lances. Knowing my luck, I'll inadvertently class change right before I get a lance. Oh well, I'll see how things shake out. Speaking of shaking out, I took a ride on an airship and discovered being on the outside while it is flying is not the safest place to be. No seatbelts and apparently, parachutes aren't offered standard to stowaways. Fortunately, I landed in some extra springy grass and didn't take any in game damage. Reunited with an old friend and got to play errand boy in Menos and Jadd. At least for delivering the invoices, I was told specifically who to give them to and a rough idea where they might be. Still need to find some one to take that last flier in Wendel. Anyway, played mail service for Kurt and Courtney, as well as Priscilla, I think it was, and her grandmother. Wandered the desert some and practiced skating figure eights around a couple of trees. The direction you go around the trees apparently matters. Anyway, walked into the cave, got sucked down the quicksand and am currently making my way through the secret under-desert area. Level 34, though it looks like I can't check my class levels without leveling up. They're something like 10 Warrior, 12 Monk, 1 magician, 2 sage, 5 thief, except that only adds up to 30. So maybe 12 warrior and 14 monk. Something like that. Sword is level 8, knuckles 5, flail 8, sickle 6, and bow 8. Salamando's made it to level 2 somehow, all others are 0. Though I have been using Wisp to heal some, so I suspect he'll be hitting level 1 here shortly. Anyway, that's where we currently stand, off to meet my doom, I mean dune. No, doom. In the dune.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
3 years ago#16
Got sidetracked.....
Wasn't sure what to upgrade in weapons.
Gaia facade kicked my ass a bit so I kinda just stopped.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#17
Come on Athos... a Musketeer never gives up. Get back in there and kick some Gaia butt!
Porthos out...
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

skater43
3 years ago#18
This Musketeer isn't giving up either, though he has been busy lately. Made it through the desert to the Alter of Time, whipped Medusa's butt like nobody's business, then back to Jadd and Devius' Manor. Devius took a couple of tries until I switched to the Knuckles and then I finished him off easily. Acquired Luna, am currently playing Post Office for Kurt and Courtney, then plan to take minstrel boy into the desert to get lost. I mean, have him open the way for me.

Spent a little time in the Clock Tower beating up on the Specters. Well, not so much as beating them up as casting lots of Wisp on them. As such, he's up to level 9 now. Also found that when you are confronted with a sound puzzle, such as ringing the bells in the Tower to open doors, things are easier if you play with the sound on. Otherwise, the Tower wasn't much trouble. And I did class change along the way. Stuck another level in sage or magician and changed to Aesir. Now I get a +10 to lances (still don't have one, though), but I also get "FiWaWiEa Mag Def +5" which I'm guessing is +5 magic defense to fire, water, wind and earth. So that's actually kinda useful. And, when I do finally get a lance, man I'm going to kick some serious butt with it. Once I get one.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#19
True be told, I'm not quitting but not immediately jumping in...
Then again, I'm only 10 levels short of Ninja master which by then makes me prolly near invincible...

Strained my back for random reasons, least I can still walk. The pain does cause some issues when sleeping though. Even worse when trying to turn around.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#20
Hi all... skater-rater I have to lol at your post. The fact that you are building points for a weapon you don't have... is it because you may have pass one by or not come upon one yet. I like the wit you use when posting.

Here's to hoping you meet p with this weapon soon. Although, are lances more powerful than say axes and swords? Meh...
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work
  • Topic Archived